I have a friend who keeps wanting for my son an I to fish from his house . He lives on the Cape Side next to the Bourne bridge and his back yard goes right onto the Canal .
I've never fish salt so new poles has to be bought and tackle , he says stripe bass run there .
So I need help , What do I need ? How do I fish the Canal , Does it have a fast current, do I need weights? What kind of tackle do I need to catch stripe bass?

Posted Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:48 pm

no weights the current will just take em down and tangle you in rocks i fish the canal with a 7 foot ugly stick but im going to be upgrading to a 10.6 ft or an 11 ft surf caster, live lining eels with no weight works well, i usually just cast em out and let em drift for a lil bit, also sp minow made by diawi is a good lure bombers that are jointed have had luck on sluggos the bigger the better on jig heads works. rubber swim baits anything really just gotta find the fish

Posted Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:06 pm

SPOONS!

Posted Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:04 am

You dont need a rod any bigger than 11. Bass pros has some good surfcasters the st. Croix mojo surf is really nice and really easy to cast. And you need and i really mean you NEED braid with a mono or flouro leader. Lures like pencil poppers, plugs, and SPOONS! Haha good luck!

Posted Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:08 am

So braided line with leader should be use ? How many pounds are we talking about like 40lb or 50lb braided line ? How much on a leader?

Posted Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:32 am

I use 65 lb power pro and a 50 lb test leader

Posted Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:30 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links