I keep seeing people posting about the success they've had with the whopper ploppers but haven't actually used one yet. Anyone use them? Are they much different in their behaviour compared to a jitterbug or other top water lure?

Edited to add a video because video embedding now works Smile

Posted Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:20 am

As the title states (from my own personal experience) Wopper Ploppers are great and have caused some of the BEST violent strikes I've seen! Get a few in different sizes and hold on tight!

Posted Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:02 pm

I used one this past summer and had success with smallmouth in NH. It's certainly different from the weedless frogs I use regularly in the summer months due to the steady retrieve. Biggest drawback is that it isn't weedless, biggest strength is that it makes a TON of noise in the water. Fishing this bait after dark or early morning is sure to get a strike in calm water.

I'll certainly be using it more this spring (shallow) and in the summer months. I know there are a few sizes and a decent color selection for them.

Tight Lines,
Frogman

Posted Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:51 pm

I used it last year with minimal success here in Massachusetts but will continue to use them this year (2020) to many good stories to not keep at it.

Posted Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:49 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links