anyone use this technique? Going to try it this week just for a break from power eggs.

Posted Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:00 am

I've used both real and fake meal worms with power bait, but I've never actually used them stand alone. Let us know how it goes

Posted Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:56 am

Yes, it works and sometimes real well. I use a small marshmellow tipped with a grub, right thru the head always worked for me. Marshmellow keeps its up off the bottom. A PowerEgg will do the same. Recent On The Water article the guy recommended threading the grub on hook.

Posted Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:10 am

Delete-double post

Last edited by nautibuoys on Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:11 am

nautibuoys

Yes, it works and sometimes real well. I use a small marshmellow tipped with a grub, right thru the head always worked for me. Marshmellow keeps its up off the bottom. A PowerEgg will do the same. Recent On The Water article the guy recommended threading the grub on hook.

Was going to try today, but just too much wind. Tomorrow then. =)

Posted Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:57 pm

185photos

anyone use this technique? Going to try it this week just for a break from power eggs.

I float half of a nightcrawler off the bottom using a worm blower. Take the nightcrawler and break it in half and blow air in it with a worm blower or syringe needle this works. I have caught many stocked trout this way sometimes its more effective than powerbait.

Posted Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:32 pm

Fished that way for years . Small marshmallow then meal worm on a # 8 hook.. Trout love them and so do the pumpkinseed ..

Posted Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:26 pm

they hit small MARSHMALLOWS over powerbait?

Posted Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:28 pm

yea! they hit both! one day i had better luck with marshmellows then powerbait!!

realy the same thing! but marshmellows arent as messy as power bait!

Posted Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:53 pm

One of my fav baits for trout. Maybe its just me but I tend to catch bigger trout with this set up than power bait.

Posted Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:41 am

It works better in the spring when the flies and other bugs are hatching on the waters surface, and the trout are coming up to feed on them.

I almost always fish off the bottom with a 2' leader and a 1/2oz weight so I can toss it further.

But the marshmellow bait thing definitely works. Bonus points if you can find the green or pink mini mallows.

Posted Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:26 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links