Hope I am not letting the cat out of the bag, however the Charles in the suburban towns has very good fly fishing. Newly stocked trout and other varieties of fish keep you interested. Close to home and many places for wading. Bass activity is a kick on a 5wt. I am fortunate to be close to many spots and try to get out 5 times a week for a couple of hours. Wooly buggers (black and tan) work well and dry flies on hot days give good trout action.

Posted Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:14 am

First, welcome! Second, Thanks for sharing! I'm not from the Boston area but have fished around enough to know that any wade able water with easy access and good fish populations can be a hard thing to find.
5 days a week makes me green too Very Happy

Posted Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:28 pm

Thanks for sharing! 5 times a week? that's great, most of my fly fishing endeavours have been thwarted by wind so far this year. Heading up that way is on my list this year.

Posted Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:56 pm

fatkid1980

Thanks for sharing! 5 times a week? that's great, most of my fly fishing endeavors have been thwarted by wind so far this year. Heading up that way is on my list this year.

I was thinking about you the other day. How is your casting coming along?

Posted Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:15 pm

Coming along well, I have to get a heavier weight set up soon for bigger fish!

Posted Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:26 pm

fatkid1980

Coming along well, I have to get a heavier weight set up soon for bigger fish!

Good to see your still bitten!

Yea, you can handle some respectable fish on your current outfit but if you want to regularly fish big flies, heavy cover and /or target 5#+ fish, an 8 or 9 wt would be good second rod. Let me know if I can help.
Dave

Posted Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:21 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links