Went to forest lake this morning, real windy and not one person had a trout on the line.

Mass wildlife says they stocked the lake with salmon as well. Never fished for salmon without ice. Any ideas on how to fish for the salmon?

I'm guessing shiners and a bobber but not really sure.

Posted Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:54 pm

Most go to set up is a shiner under a bobber or trolling with metals.

I like to cast big gold kastmasters 3/8-1oz to cover more water. I have seen them caught with Rapalas husky jerk lures too.

Posted Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:41 am

I got a few landlocked on j5 brown trout pattern rapalas all hanging out on shallow points that guard a shallow bay with structure.

Posted Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:21 pm

One of the best years ive had down there this year for salmon and trout this was one i got

Posted Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:32 pm

Unfortunately, with the demise of the CT River salmon restoration program, this was/is the last good year of broodstock salmon stockings...

Posted Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:24 pm

yeah i found out about that on one of the last salmon stocking days at forest lake i got it on video and i am proud to have gotten that beauty

Posted Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:41 pm

Is this Forest Lake in Methuen?

I'm tempted to go there, as I see a boat ramp, and it is stocked (Trout). It doesn't appear, at least to online comments to be overly pressured (so please, no lunker stories to blow the place up). Just inquiring is Google maps is showing accurate information, (i.e. decent boat ramp access). On the maps, it looks like a pond, not really a lake.

Thanks in advance.

Posted Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:25 am

fishingwithkids

Is this Forest Lake in Methuen?

I'm tempted to go there, as I see a boat ramp, and it is stocked (Trout). It doesn't appear, at least to online comments to be overly pressured (so please, no lunker stories to blow the place up). Just inquiring is Google maps is showing accurate information, (i.e. decent boat ramp access). On the maps, it looks like a pond, not really a lake.

Thanks in advance.

It's got a nice ramp. I'm not sure if they allow gas motors or not so I left the gas motor at home and just used electric. It's definitely small enough. There's parking for 6-7 cars right next to the ramp. I was there in the spring, April or May and there were a few people trout fishing. I was going for bass. Got a few small ones. I've only been there 2-3 times. Never had a banner day but the place looks bassy and the trout are there if you like to go for them. Each time I've gone there I've seen 1 or 2 other boats

Posted Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:06 am

yeah it has good access and yeah the lunkers are tough to come by in this lake, its 28 feet deep max, and it doesn't hold trout too well during the summer, and yeah it does recieve a lot and i mean a lot of pressure when the trout are thrown in but if you can beat the crowds it is a nice pond. I have done very well lately there

Posted Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:12 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links