Picked this kayak up the other day, trying to get it rigged up to do some fishing as i find shore fishing exhaustingly boring.... Anything I'm missing? Its a standard sot that I'm going to make work for fishing haha[/img]

Posted Sat May 18, 2013 12:48 pm

It could use an anchor trolley, unless there is already one on the port side that is out of view. Also, a rod holder up front would be useful.

Posted Sat May 18, 2013 1:43 pm

Im just figuring out the best place for the front rod holder, any suggestions on an anchor setup? I honestly didnt even think of that haha........yeah, noob here.

Posted Sat May 18, 2013 6:01 pm

Paddle leash and rod leashes I lost a good rod and reel it got hooked on my life jacket when I turned around to change rods. next thing I know it was gone.Now anything I bring I leash.
Leash it or loose it.
Get yourself some $1.00 store phone chargers. Cut the ends off.wire tie around a dollar store d ring. to rod on one end to bungie on kayak the other.

Posted Sun May 19, 2013 5:51 pm

I will buy stuff to make leashes tomorrow, just got back from a kayak fishing run, thankfully nothing went over :/

I can honestly say, there is no other way to fish, wow, it was awesome!

Posted Sun May 19, 2013 6:17 pm

Once you start kayak fishing. Your hooked.There are places you can get to that bigger boats cannot.No boat ramps required.Drag it in anywhere.You will catch more fish than ever.Practise paddling with one hand. and ajusting your drift with one hand.When you catch a big fish. You will use these skill to ajust your forward motion.
GOOD LUCK.......Catch Fish....And before you push off.. Make sure you have your paddel..Left mine on the bank once.Really sucks getting your reverse motion to stop and get back in without a paddel.

Posted Mon May 20, 2013 5:10 am

+1 on the paddle leash Very Happy

Posted Mon May 20, 2013 6:03 am

I like my little single handed paddle. It's short leashed and tucked behind me. Has a hook cut out of the edge to snag things with. Looks like a large ping pong paddle but more on the rectangular shape. Found the idea a couple of years ago, now someone sells them commercially.

Posted Mon May 20, 2013 9:18 am

Figured i'd post some pics of it all done, trolley is on and flush mount rod holder.
[/img]

Posted Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:26 pm

Great setup!!! Looks good. I was a shore guy forever but now it's almost crazy to think about fishing without taking the kayak.

Posted Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:16 pm

Could not agree more, i love paddling out into the middle of a lily pad cluster and casting the frog out like a boss! Cool

Posted Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:50 pm

fatkid1980

Could not agree more, i love paddling out into the middle of a lily pad cluster and casting the frog out like a boss! Cool

Exactly!:

Posted Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:38 pm

Very nice!

Posted Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:22 pm

That's a nice setup.

Posted Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:04 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links