Well guys, this is going to be my last month in MA. I just got the conformation today that I am moving to Southern California in early March.

I really enjoyed using this site, and I really wish had stumbled upon it years earlier. It's great! In fact, I'll even go out on a limb and say that I learned almost as much about MA fishing from reading through all the trips and posts ever, as I had from 20 years of experience. Great people willing to share great information!

So I'll squeeze in as much ice fishing in MA as I can over the next month, seeing as I probably won't be here when the ponds finally melt. I'm sure I'll still bounce around on this forum after I leave, because i enjoy hearing whats going on, and may be able to provide some information to someone.

Thanks guys, it's been fun,
Go Pats!
~Troy

Posted Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:06 pm

Sorry your leaving Sad I enjoyed reading your posts. You always had something positive to add. Liked your blog too Very Happy Hope you find someone to take it over

Posted Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:19 pm

good luck bud, well miss ya. now tell me your secret MA spots. i promise i wont tell any one Laughing

Posted Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:53 pm

^^^
Haha! Me too please!

Posted Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:26 pm

catfishkid

Sorry your leaving Sad I enjoyed reading your posts. You always had something positive to add. Liked your blog too Very Happy Hope you find someone to take it over

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed the blog! Very Happy

Posted Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:31 pm

bassturds

good luck bud, well miss ya. now tell me your secret MA spots. i promise i wont tell any one Laughing

Hahaha! Thanks man! Actually, if you ever do need help finding a spot to target a certain fish, message me! I do have experience with most fish species, and I will be willing to share more secret spots when I'm gone!

Posted Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:33 pm

Good luck with the move. Just think of all that nice Southern California waters that you'll be fishing now! They have Internet in so cal too, so keep posting. We have a handful of transplants that still post in here Cool !

Last edited by pocketfisherman on Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:24 pm

Take me

Posted Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:49 pm

Southern Cali has some of the best Bass fishing in the Country, and you're close to Nevada, Lake Havasu and Lake Isabella are excellent. Southern California you have Castaic Lagoon, Lake Perris, Diamond Valley, Lake Dixon (where the 25lb unconfirmed world record was caught, because she was foul hooked; named Dottie) - make sure you get out and fish, and take lots of pics and post them back here.

Posted Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:35 pm

South california is one of best for bass fishing.. countless 15-20lbs taken every year out of there. You will be surprised. Dixon, Castic, delta, list goes on for multiple 15+ bass in each lakes.

In other hand, you have high chance to get golden rainbow trout or albino trout. Whatever you like to call it, tons of them in there. even has 10+lbs golden trout too.

Halibut, King salmon, sturgeon fishery in river in San Deigo.

Whatever you are in mood for, California has reputation for all of them. Good luck on your job quest and fishing quest too! Enjoying to read your comments. Also, thank you for many advices that you answered me in the past.

Posted Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:49 pm

Transferred to Cali. You lucky bastard!

Thanks for your advice and help. Have fun. You going to be able to fish 365 there! (or golf, or surf, etc...)

Good Luck Troy!

Posted Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:38 pm

dont forget the stripers

Posted Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:55 am

Best of luck. The fishing and weather are much better than here. I'm sure you'll have some good trips for the trout eaters out there.

Posted Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:59 pm

Thanks everyone! If I catch a new record bass from Lake Dixon or wherever, you guys will know first!!

Posted Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:06 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links