hi guys ,i m heading down south for the winter months. and going threw my rods and reels all cheep med-heavy bp specials. i know if i land any nice fish there gona just snap the rods. so im looking to go up to a heavy rod and maybe use my knock off rear drag shamano reels anybody know of any multi use heavy rods out there without breaking the bank. cause chances are i,ll break it myself
one outher thing anybody know of a way to protect the trailer from the road salt. the hole east cost has salt allready put down on the roads. prob be much worse come jan.1st

Posted Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:33 pm

jimmy how much are you looking to spend? you gonna throw grubs on the Heavy rod? haha

Posted Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:52 pm

I don't think the salt will harm the trailer if you wash it off really good once you get down there

Posted Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:54 pm

sam i,ll just hav to use a heavy grub haha... thanks shawn i was hoping sombody had a secret trick like spraying wd40 or somthing. some salt water trailers hav a port you can pot a hose in and run it for 5-10 min. but i,m not going to drill a hole in it. thats just asking for troubble

Posted Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:00 pm

o ya not shure on what to spend. i was in fl. a few yrs back. i had a guide and he had me useing somthing stronger then what i catch stripers and blues on it was more like a 4x4. i,d like to feel the fight not just haul him in $100-150 ????

Posted Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:08 pm

you could get a powell flipping stick or punching rod. kamil gets a nice 25% discount.

Posted Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:55 pm

I wouldn't go crazy buying new stuff, you still are fishing for a bass not a grouper. Upgrade your terminal tackle first, like line and stout hooks. If you do buy a new setup make sure you can use it back home too.

Posted Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:35 am

Try an eagle claw water eagle.

I have one of these in the 9ft length and it has a lot of backbone. I have it paired up with a Shimano IX 4000 with 40lb stren braid.

They are cheap and should do the trick.

Posted Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:38 am

I can hardly wait until I retire and spend my winters in Florida!

Posted Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:15 pm

Same here Pockefisherman....fish and golf every day!

Cast for larrys in the AM and shoot for birdies in the PM....I got a few years before that reality but it is fun to think about!

Posted Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:01 am

Yeah, I gotta wait another 20 years for that, unless I go there before I retire?

Posted Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:01 pm

Hit a car wash bay!! enjoy the weather and good luck!!

Posted Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:11 am

Tackle warehouse has some Powell rods on sale 40% to 50% off if your still looking

Posted Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:59 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links