I moved to eastern mass last year and fished the shore near boston harbor and keep striking out, so I gave up on the salt. Now I have my boat back and I am looking for some tips on fishing the concord river and the freshwater side of the merrimac. I am in search of some perch( so I can eat them lol ) and bass action. Does anyone have any tips one how to fish these rivers and general areas on were to go. And if anyone wants to free day on the water on a nice boat in exchange for some fishing tips let me know.

Also If anyone wants to do an exchange a trip I will take someone to Lake Erie to fish for walleye or whatever fish they choose, or Niagara river in the fall for some world class salmon fishing for a near shore salt water trip or trip on the merrimac.

Looking forward to meeting some people

Posted Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:21 am

Welcome aboard!

If you're looking to keep and eat fish, check this site, as a lot of the rivers are contaminated with mercury in the area:

http://db.state.ma.us/dph/fishadvisory/

You'd probably have better luck at some of the local ponds, which you have an abundance of being in Concord. Check the google maps in the area, and you'll find a lot of lakes that are a pretty good bet. I don't live that far away, so if you can't find anything, send a PM - I've fished a lot of water in the area.

Posted Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:07 pm

Thanks for the reply. After doing some research I noticed that most of the fish here are not edible. Think I'm just going to going to lake winni or lake masebesic when I want some perch to eat.

Posted Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:25 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links