is there any good trout fishing in the taunton area?

Posted Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:03 pm

16 views and no reply Sad

Posted Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:17 pm

give this list a try

http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dfw/recreation/fishing/trout/trout_waters_sd.htm

It says the Segregansett River is stocked with Trout. Good luck

Posted Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:22 pm

Imagine that..an answer via google that took 3 seconds. I agree there are no stupid questions, but there deffo are questions that you can easily answer yourself. Wink

That said..good luck finding "good" trout fishing now. Weeks of 90+ degree weather is gonna make all trout fishing difficult. I am looking forward to doing some nice dry fly fishing for big Browns soon..with the lower river levels and heat the late evenings should be good at a few choice trophy waters.

Posted Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:20 am

What is this google you speak of? I just post questions here and demand immediate answers from all you wicked smaht guys

Posted Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:03 am

Goggle isn't brutally honest like this place is hahahahahaha

Posted Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:44 am

i dont go to google because i like to get local opinions i know i could easily go on google and find out what i'm looking for the site is for people to talk about fishing this is the 3rd or 4th time people have given me crap about my questions and when i posted "5 views with no replys" its because i enjoy talking to people about fishing and getting to see all the fishing stories and tips and so sorry if i have questions and if i am annoying to you that being said enjoy the fishing out there Very Happy

Posted Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:37 pm

I think people frown on guys just asking "where" and not contributing anything else like their own tip or trips. I always try to give more then what I ask for, then when I do ask for help, people are ready and willing to share.

Posted Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:46 pm

jwhite1992

i dont go to google because i like to get local opinions i know i could easily go on google and find out what i'm looking for the site is for people to talk about fishing this is the 3rd or 4th time people have given me crap about my questions and when i posted "5 views with no replys" its because i enjoy talking to people about fishing and getting to see all the fishing stories and tips and so sorry if i have questions and if i am annoying to you that being said enjoy the fishing out there Very Happy

If you Google Trout fishing in your area you would be shown a bunch of links to websites where people have asked this question or local Massachusetts sites like Mass Wildlife..I don't know how much more local opinions you want.

I don't think you want "local" answers, I personally think you want easy answers. I also think the reason you find people having issue with your questions is you ask very demanding and rude questions..like "where are all the Bass spots in my area?", or my personal favorite "where can my buddy and I fish without a license?"..then oyu ask this one and after a few folks look at it oyu bump it to ask why no one has answered you..IE rude..it isn't a great way to make friends but it is a great way to get some sarcastic responses quickly!

Posted Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:06 pm

Exactly. It sounds like you want someone to give you something like this. Go to pond A which is right near you. Park here. Walk down the path and take a left. Stop at the big red rock. Use this setup with this bait. Cast it as far as you can. You should catch trout.

Posted Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:15 pm

Ha ha you guys are mean!But yeah the question about where can I fish without a License was not a well thought out decision I think for the most part people that use this site are legit fisherman and look down upon someone who would abuse the system and not pay in to preserve our wildlife and help with up keep of our water systems!You might as well join the bucketeers!

Posted Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:05 pm

Yeah we are sometimes...

And I am not saying don't ask questions lol..actually this one wasn't so bad..but the " why has no one responded" made me giggle is all.

I guess in a nutshell I just think there are better ways to approach a question. Even on forums your actions and conduct speak volumes about your character...

I mean even this one ya would have had a much better time with something like..

"Hey everyone. Have been fishing a bit up in Taunton, for bass mostly in a couple of local ponds like This and That ..never really fished for trout here however.

Checked out the Mass wildlife stocking lists and saw there were a few places to try out like A B or C..has anyone had any luck at these? Think it is even worth it this far in the season? Thanks in advance for your advice!"

Just would sound better to people I think.

Posted Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:14 pm

jwhite1992

16 views and no reply Sad

It's all in the approach brother. Following up with the above statement isn't gonna sit good with most people. Most would say to "settle down young grasshopper" (an old saying from a tv show, Kung-Fu) or "Who the heck is this guy

Personally I would have followed up the original question with something like "I've been trying some local spots or am trying to plan out something, but haven't had much luck as of yet!. Any information would be so much appreciated". I guarantee you'd have gotten some quick responses with some good info or more links like Kman posted. It's all in the tone.

Take the advice for what it's worth or don't! Just trying to help keep things friendly, which for the most part is how things normally are in here, with a few exceptions here and there.

Good luck!

Posted Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:32 pm

Roger,You mean when I start posting........lol

Last edited by nofx99 on Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:01 pm

nofx99

Roger,You mean when I start posting........lol

OMG I can't believe you had to stick your nose in this too!

I kid I kid.. Cool

Posted Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:18 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links