Anybody know where I can get one this time of year? Caught my first largemouth of the year the other week, and I don't think I'll be able to wait 2-3 more months for them to get back here...

Posted Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:11 pm

Jessekay, 2 places I know of which have holdover stripers (though it's been a few years since I went targeting holdovers) are the Winter Island power plant up in Salem and the old Edison plant on the Everett / Charlestown line. A boat is really needed to reach the warm water discharge pipes at both areas. If your getting the urge for some salt water action, smelt are in down Winthrop and, if you're truly brave (and want to spend a tank of gas getting there), cod can still be caught off the surf this time of year down at the Charlestown Breechway in Rhode Island. They come within casting distance to spawn in the winter, and 20lbers are not uncommon.

Posted Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:24 am

Thanks for the tip... I wish I had a boat.

Posted Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:44 pm

i will be fishing the charles river for carp soon

Posted Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:24 pm

i have caught a few schoolies in the charles by watertown sq bridge, lots of herring around there. people have said to have caught some huge ones right in there though so im going to keep trying. best time is right before dark i have found.

Posted Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:12 am

Stripers are everywhere already. Why target hold overs?

Posted Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:27 am

Wrote that in February

Posted Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:41 am

jessekayboston

Wrote that in February

Yep, I'm a dummy. Laughing

Posted Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:17 pm

Where is the best area for mackerel near Boston Harbor?

Posted Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:05 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links