Not many fly fishing posts Crying or Very sad , I was in PA this past weekend up in the Scranton area off of 84 and had some great luck for 2 small brookies, I stayed for about 30 minutes, without a license, and not knowing the season, thought I was being a rebal...

Posted Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:35 pm

Was in the Farmington River West Branch today in CT. There were size 12 hendricks on the water but very little action close to the reservior. Collinsville was good fishing as the fish were hungry and hitting hendricks well.

Posted Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:31 pm

If you're looking for Fly-Fishing hotspots in Mass.... I'd try the Nissittissit River in Pepperell in the Fly-Fishing only section that runs from the NH/MA border to the Prescott St. Bridge in Pepperell. I'd seriously consider the trip out to the Deerfield River in North Western MA.

Posted Sat May 08, 2010 9:57 pm

Has anyone ever been fly fishing in the Blackstone river? I was on the path in Millbury and swear there was some trout working the pool. I wouldn't eat the fish, but do they stock that location?

Posted Tue May 11, 2010 6:50 pm

As far as I know they don't stock the Blackstone in Mass, they do in Lincoln and Cumberland RI though.

In mass they do stock Lake Quinsigamond, the Mumford river and West river as well as a few other locations that are either tributaries or could easily spill into the Blackstone, especially during high running or flood stages. If your truly interested in some sport try fly fishing carp along the Blackstone, with an immense strength and weights well into the 20's possible it can be a blast, and a good gear check Smile

On a side note, fishing without a license robs every angler as well as the Wildlife departments of needed resources to maintain fisheries. It saddens me when people feel they can and/or should fish illegally Sad. As a fellow fisherman I ask that you please fish responsibly.

Posted Tue May 11, 2010 8:11 pm

I wish I had gone back to that pool that night to see what those fish were. I also like your side note, in CT when you were caught without a license they would take your gear. That would cost me around a $1000 between pole and tackle, so I have no problem paying the $28.00. The question that I have is how they feel they can charge a saltwater license next year, are they stocking the ocean now? Very Happy

Posted Wed May 12, 2010 5:40 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links