http://youtu.be/LEooLfo42cE

Hit up Houghton's Pond last Sunday around noon time.
Most active I've ever seen this place with trout cruising up and down the shore.
Got into a nice big brown and 2 good sized Rainbows all caught and released. The video is the last minute of 4 or 5 that it took to land that guy - what a blast.
All caught on brown crystal wooly bugger.
Two members of the white bucket parade took 10 fish out while I was there no more than 10 yards away from me. Cast. Wait. Reel in. Repeat. I don't really call that fishing -but hey, I guess if you have a license it's game on.[/youtube]

Posted Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:27 pm

10 fish for 2 people? Limit is 3

Posted Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:43 am

Yes, I think that is the point he was making.

Posted Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:05 pm

dimes

I guess if you have a license it's game on.

If they released the fish, they just had a good trip. But if they kept them, that's not fine, even with a license.

On a side note- nice job! Catching trout on the fly (especially in a lake) is awesome! Nice video too. I've got to get out there soon.

Posted Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:46 pm

Cheers Teamtrout.

I've had zero luck in that pond for years or any pond for that matter when it comes to trout on the fly. Much easier to get Bass, Pickeral, Crappie, Sunnies etc. in ponds and trout on rivers.

No such thing as C&R in stocked ponds - so these guys have the right to take their limit - but more often than not, its double the limit and no license either.

Posted Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:13 am

I've had very little success fly fishing in ponds for trout as well. I guess going right after the stoking is done is the best bet, since there have been plenty of good fly fishing report recently.

Posted Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:52 am

If you're willing to stand in bone chilling water for hours on end, there is still a bite. It just takes a bit of fortitude and many layers of clothing.

Posted Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:32 am

Should have filmed the poaching .Hard evidence in video form..

Posted Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:34 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links