Was down at Houghton's Pond the other night - perfect for rising trout, lots of insects hatching, etc, and saw little to no activity. Got me thinking were all the stocked 'bows already fished out? I mean say the pond got 500 fish, and the White Bucket Parade (WBP) make 3 trips a week each and stay to their 5 fish limit each time (unlikely) - so say 15 fish a week, or 50 or so in a month, and how many of these guys are there - couldn't the pond easily be fished out of 90% of it's stocked population a month after it was first stocked?

Posted Thu May 28, 2015 3:05 pm

Limit is 3 fish...

A lot get wiped out, but plenty hold over. They purposely stock deeper ponds, not only because they are better suited for trout survival, but also because they allow some of the trout to stay away from anglers, and hold over for later.

However, I'd guess somewhere around 60% of the freshly stocked trout get taken out within a month of the stocking.

Posted Thu May 28, 2015 4:31 pm

Houghton's, by the way, gets stocked three times a season. It has been stocked twice so far. What time did you go at?

Posted Thu May 28, 2015 5:59 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links