1-3/4 One person on skies
2 One person on foot or skates
3 One snowmobile
3 A group of people walking single file
7 A single passenger automobile
8 A 2-1/2 ton truck
9 A 3-1/2 ton truck
10 A 7 to 8 ton truck

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=ice%20thickness%20charts&source=web&cd=4&ved=0CFMQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mvp-wc.usace.army.mil%2Fice%2Fice_load.html&ei=aQUHT9sEioWDB6bZ5JwC&usg=AFQjCNGFUc_X6WSulYtsl8DdO3WE7sCovg&cad=rja

Posted Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:28 am

Good information Jay- Thanks for sharing!

Posted Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:51 am

I'd need at least 7 inches then..have you guys seen the amount of gear I carry....

Posted Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:53 am

blackstonecarp

I'd need at least 7 inches then..have you guys seen the amount of gear I carry....

I thought i had to much! haha

Posted Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:15 am

Hmmm, it doesn't seem to list shanty and sled for shanty, gear box for tip-ups/tackle and sled for gear box, auger, heater, chairs, food (with camp stove), booze, fat man and friends. Oh well I'll stick with 6 inches.

Posted Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:25 am

petrgill

Hmmm, it doesn't seem to list shanty and sled for shanty, gear box for tip-ups/tackle and sled for gear box, auger, heater, chairs, food (with camp stove), booze, fat man and friends. Oh well I'll stick with 6 inches.

I'd say do the math and come close to comparable weight listed.

6-7"?

Better yet let somebody else test it out 1st

Posted Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:27 am

jwall046

petrgill

I'd say do the math and come close to comparable weight listed.

6-7"?

Better yet let somebody else test it out 1st

Been out with 4 with just chairs/auger/tip ups but with the gear 5 is minimum, 6 for peace of mind. Just need some damn ice in RI/SE MA

Posted Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:34 am

2 guys went out on quaboag yesterday with ice boats. They were still pulling them out last night after they fell thru!!!!!!
They were not hurt but i think it was the dumbest thing i've seen this year so far!

Posted Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:25 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links