On my way into work this morning I saw a few guys out on Indian lake in Worcester. Looked Kinda Sketchy they were almost to the edge of the Ice, But apparently its enough to hold them. there were still a few holes of water near the Interstate.

Posted Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:48 am

rlstates

On my way into work this morning I saw a few guys out on Indian lake in Worcester. Looked Kinda Sketchy they were almost to the edge of the Ice, But apparently its enough to hold them. there were still a few holes of water near the Interstate.

---yea...I drive by it twice a day...'didn't bother giving it a look this morning(I was still rattled that Roger is upset with me)<---kidding of course hahahahaha...although it HAS been a little chillier ...I'm thinkin' that may have been Jimmy Sutton and a few of his boys you seen over there this am ...he went by in the afternoon yesterday to check thickness ---I know he has some new tilts he wants to use...if it IS him I'm hoping he stays safe over there..because the last few weeks over there have been"sketchy---at best"

Posted Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:19 am

nope wasnt me i hit up dark brook in auburn this morning about 6 guys out over there ice was good 4-6 inches hopefully it holds up only a couple perch for me today

Posted Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:05 pm

eastciderida

nope wasnt me i hit up dark brook in auburn this morning about 6 guys out over there ice was good 4-6 inches hopefully it holds up only a couple perch for me today

Do you have any info on Eddy Pond in Auburn? Good ice fishing spot, but its also right in the armpit of those interstates, which hold some heat due to traffic. Might be a possible destination for me this weekend...

Posted Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:37 pm

Don't dri by there at all but prob another good week it should be good caught a 6 and 5 pound pick out of there 2 years ago

Posted Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:49 pm

I live near Lake Ripple and we drove by today and saw about a dozen kids playing hockey and a guy fishing..dunno how thick the ice is but seemed stable enough.

Posted Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:16 pm

Its great to hear that there is some safe ice starting to take hold up there. Im from RI and down here we will be lucky to get any this season. I have been staring at my tilts for about a month. I am starting to getting impatient. Not very familiar with the area you are talking about... considering taking a ride up there this weekend. Any advice on a Honey Hole for me to try out, possibly with pike in it?

Good luck all!!! Think Cold!!!

Posted Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:13 pm

Ice looked decent on monday but the warm weathers and rain from tuesday killed it all. got some nice cold temps coming in again and through the weekend which should shore up the ice on some of the smaller bodies of water.

Posted Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:28 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links