If you know of safe ice here in Mass. please post it here so others know of ice conditions in the state. Thanks

Posted Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:14 am

A man who was ice skating on Tispaquin pond, here in Middleboro, MA ., fell through and drowned last Friday.

I fish that pond and the deepest part is only 7 feet. I guess it doesn't take much.

Please, if you're ice fishing, use good judgement. When I was younger, I use to love ice fishing. But, I'll admit that I use to bring a bottle with me. Drinking and ice fishing does not mix. It can be the death of you. Plus you gotta' worry about driving home afterwards.

Let's all have a good time and not suffer a tragedy. Be safe out there.

Posted Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:23 am

Well down here in CT a lot of lakes and ponds are fishable, with reports coming in of some nice fish. You guys keeping it a secret up there?? Razz

Posted Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:13 am

anywhere in south eastern mass isn't safe. Idk about northeastern ma. Got friends out in the springfield area I can ask them what they see but they dont fish!

Posted Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:14 pm

Thanks for chiming in anyway Mikeyc, if those people don't fish I don't think they will be of much help, but ya never know!

Posted Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:53 pm

The best I can tell you is most small ponds out west are all set. Heres a good one for you Oxbow in easthampton an ashfeild pond is Ashfeild are being fished. Oxbow is a reel good pond and is also part of the Conn. river system which means smallmouth and largemouth for sure. Also tiger muskie and pike which I believe is one of your favorite aqualung. Lets put iy this way the ice is getting close to ft thick there. Good luck Very Happy

Posted Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:18 pm

Mike, Thanks alot for that info...I'm going to look into it for sure.
Hopefully I will get out there and post a report
Thanks again!
If you think of anything else please be sure to let me know.

Posted Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:07 pm

Fried and I took a drive to lake buel Full-screenLake Buel‎Address:
Removal requested ()
- - Placement on map is approximate
+42° 10' 30.59", -73° 16' 47.29"

Get Directions
* approximate times

-
Street view

7-8 inches of ice pike, perch, trout, crappie.......we are going tuesday.......also congamond has 5-6 inches....brood stock 3 have been caught.......most western ponds looking prettty good....

Posted Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:24 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links