Very cool to see a site like this set up where good info can be shared and viewed. Fishing spots are like magic tricks they are for one to know and one to find out but hints always help. Any good spots near waltham would be greatly appreciated. My favorite atm is Crystal Lake in Newton (great largemouth)

Posted Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:32 pm

The Charles River in Waltham is decient. You can skip soft plastics and jigs under the bushes and into trees or frog the pads

Posted Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:22 pm

I live so close to the river yet never know where to start with it. My buddy said he likes down past the foot bridge by the pool in watertown.

Posted Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:34 pm

Are you on foot or in a boat. With a boat start right at the boat ramp in Waltham. Across and to the left are a bunch of overhangs that always hold a few. I throw jigs but senkos will work as well. You can frog the chestnuts right across from the ramp as well. If you go to the right there are a bunch of overhangs, pad patches, rock walls ect. At the 1st bridge there are concrete pilings on the left and some deeper water with wood on the right. All kinds of trees in the water on the right once you go under tyhe bridge all the way to the dam.
Going left there are a bunch of BIG downed trees. The cove produce more in the spring and fall while the main river is best in summer. Frog any and all pads you see and flip soft plastics at any wood, even the smallest branch. The big hair pin turn area in my best spot, deeper water and lots of overhanges with a few boats and docks here. I usually fish to about 100 yards past the bridge right after the Marriot hotel where it opens up at Norumbega park.

Posted Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:25 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links