I live at Pembroke, ma. So, I have been looking at Connecticut river, Charles river, Merrimack river, Blackstone river, and some of small ponds. However, I don't want to drive that far.

I was curious if there is any nearby carp fishing around me? Or I have to drive one of those spots that I just list above here?

Let me know. Will start fishing during June. If it is help anything.

(I have no problem to hunt carp since I have somewhat experience with carp fishing. so, I have no problem to catch them. just location that i wasn't aware about in mass.)

Posted Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:12 pm

seriously? nobody knows? or don't want to comment on here?

Posted Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:35 pm

Sorry haven't been on in a long time.

I honestly don't know that area very well..I have heard reports of Ames Pond aka Cleveland Pond in Abington, but I cannot confirm it. It isn't close but closer anyway. That is about as far east as my feelers go in the state as I have spent much of my time on The Blackstone, M'mack, CT rivers systems. Most people out your way tend to travel or not communicate much with the other side of the state lol..or they fish for salt water species. Boston, Woburn, Weymouth etc are loaded with fish, though still a drive for you.

Posted Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:34 am

Yeah, I live at South shore. Not at New York. I just attend college in New York but i'm still live at mass during the summer.

also, much thanks for chime in the information. I guess that i'll hunt them at charles and connecticut river along with smaller ponds for better luck.

Posted Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:22 am

I live in the south shore too, and I do not know of any locations with Carp closer than the Charles, and I dont really know any good spots to fish it from. Any recommendations of some good shore fishing spots from charles, and maybe some directions? Smile

Posted Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:30 pm

I know of a spot in the attleboro area. But I've also been looking for some spots closer my way.

Posted Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:47 pm

Theres a place in holbrook prob like 25 min from you send me a PM

Posted Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:51 am

Seems like all the good spots are up towards Boston. I know more spots in RI than ma. And I've had some awesome days fishing in RI. Between me and a friend we had caught 7 and missed a few in one of the spots. But I don't have my RI licen. Id rather fish new spots than old. I know in amesbury (spelling?) There are some great carp but that's a troop for me. I've spoke with a few from RICAG last year but didn't keep contact with them. I'm just going to start venturing out and looking for them in my part. I'm going to try a pound near me I was told has them. Ill let you guys know how it goes!

Posted Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:37 pm

Central Ma has a couple of nice spots...Hey Blackstone, nice to see you back

Posted Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:42 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links