Over the last year I got many questions on carp fishing.

How do I get into it?
    Are there special rigs?
    Do I need that?
    I thought they were trash..
    Really, they get that big?
    Etc etc..

As the weather has gotten warmer and the fish have been becoming more active it is a great time to host the first workshop of the year. It will take place at River Bend Farm in Uxbridge Ma on Saturday June 5th, from 10 am till whenever.

This is a workshop geared toward those who have fished before but may never have gone after carp. We will cover a variety of subjects including but not limited to :

Carp History
    Carp Ecology and Habits
    Fish Care
    Gear and Kit
    Tackle
    Rigs
    Bait
    Watercraft
    Casting and Presentation
    and More!

This is a free workshop and will be put on by National Parks Service Volunteers and Members of Blackstone Carp. There is no registration but if you plan to attend feel free to post here and keep this thread bumped Wink.

The majority of the workshop will take place on the banks and there will be fishing done. In accordance with Massachusetts law you are required to have a license if you are over the age of 15. We ask that you bring your own rods/reels spooled with at least 12 lb test line, food and drinks. We will provide materials for tying rigs, bait and other misc items.

For more information, visit the events Section of Blackstonecarp.com. If you have any question please post them here and I will answer then as quickly as possible. I hope to see many of you there!

Posted Mon May 10, 2010 3:28 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links