I saw this deal and thought some kayakers or cartoppers might be interested.

http://slickdeals.net/f/6571466-lowrance-elite-4-dsi-with-lake-insight-pro-139-00-after-mir-and-coupon-tax-and-shipping-normally-399-00

You can get the Elite 4 DSI for as low as $139 if you could pick it up or $159 to ship it after a $100 rebate.

There are also rebates on the some of the other Lowrance models:

http://www.cabelas.com/assets/pdfs/lowrance_holiday_200rebate_1-5-14.pdf

Posted Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:26 pm

Elite 4 DSI is getting very good reviews: http://www.fishfinders.info/lowrance-elite-4-dsi-review. Looks like a great deal on very good fishfinder.

Posted Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:30 pm

I have the elite 4 dsi but not this model with the GPS. It's pretty good. This deal is totally awesome

Posted Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:57 pm

shawneramone

This deal is totally awesome

That's what I was thinking.

How do I convince the wife now? Razz

Posted Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:48 pm

you just don't tell her.

in case you or anyone else is thinking about buying it, make sure you confirm if it has traditional sonar or just down imaging. it might not matter to you, but it would be unfortunate if you got it and it was missing something you expected.

Posted Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:10 pm

the elite 4 is dsi only. I always buy first/fight later although there are never fights cuz I do the budget and pay the bills

Posted Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:09 pm

samf

in case you or anyone else is thinking about buying it, make sure you confirm if it has traditional sonar or just down imaging. it might not matter to you, but it would be unfortunate if you got it and it was missing something you expected.

I currently have a Humminbird PiranhaMAX 170 which I used this past season and thought was pretty good. I used it mostly for identifying depth changes and the presence of bottom structure.

I really like the GPS feature in the Elite 4. I'm wrestling over if it's worth it to move up. From what I'm reading the DSI is better than the traditional sonar but maybe more difficult to interpret?

Any input on whether it would be worth it to switch to this model?

thanks

Posted Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:13 am

i would say it's worth it for the GPS alone. DSI is better for interpreting structure but not really for a real time view of what's going on below you and seeing the fish moving around in real time.

yes you can see some fish on DSI but it's not the same sort of "HD" color view of an area. if you are just interested in depth, temperature ad seeing bottom structure, you should be fine.

Posted Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:16 pm

I agree with Sam. I can't see fish on the dsi but the structure readings are awesome and this deal is worth it for the gps alone

Posted Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:12 pm

maybe that's the sensitivity settings? you should be able to see them. they should up as white dots.

Posted Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:52 pm

You show up as white dots. I've messed around with the settings and you know me. I don't really use my electronics to find fish

Posted Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:42 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links