I was wondering if anyone knew of a good place to do a overnight kayak fishing and camping trip? I was just looking for something mellow like a river with no crazy rapids or anything like that just looking to float downstream fishing and pullover at a camping site spend the night and continue on.

Posted Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:31 pm

Saco River on Maine NH border.

Posted Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:26 am

Thanks for the tip on the Saco. That can get a bit crowded from what I hear but I have never done it.

Posted Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:15 pm

I did the Saco trip in college, it's only really crowded for about a 20 mile stretch. Call a place like Saco bound find out where they drop off and pick up and go outside of that. Otherwise do a weekday trip. It gets kind of polluted too so so earlier in the summer if anything.

Posted Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:24 pm

Yeah I hear during Midsummer that place turns into a booze cruise on anything that will float innertube canoes kayaks rafts everything.

Posted Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:03 pm

I fish the Taunton river a lot but only in salt. It's pretty long and i'm sure there is plenty of space to throw up a tent in the Raynham Bridgewater area.

Posted Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:30 am

bti111

I fish the Taunton river a lot but only in salt. It's pretty long and i'm sure there is plenty of space to throw up a tent in the Raynham Bridgewater area.

I also fish the Taunton River a lot. Got to get in some fishing together next Spring. Do you see any carp in the Taunton? I actually fish both sides of the Summer St bridge the most.

Posted Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:20 am

I've seen a few fish that looked like suckers or carp in Raynham. I've never fished for them though. I fish the Dighton area for stripers and did very well this fall all the way into Nov. A guy I used to work with told me the Canton res. was really good carp water.

Posted Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:24 am

Where about in the Taunton River did you catch the strippers and what do you use? Is there any other type fish in there . Planning on buying 2 kayaks for me and my son to fish this year and would like to try fishing strippers this year.

Posted Sun May 26, 2013 10:00 pm

Moose River bow river trip in Jackman Maine. Start and end in Attean Pond. 2, 3 or more day trip depending on what you want to do along the way. http://cryoftheloon.net/bowtrip/map.html You don't need a guide and there are a couple of small carry-arounds at some falls/rapids. Longest portage is between Attean and Holeb. There's some others that escape me right now, haven't finished the first cup of coffee yet. Smile

Posted Mon May 27, 2013 4:47 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links