With a month between tournaments I hope folks are chomping at the bit for some exciting fishing competition. This week we're moving our tournament southwest to the Neponset Reservoir in Foxboro. This is a fairly large body of water featuring plenty of shallow weedy cover, coves and docks.

No kayak? No problem. Canoes, row boats, inflatables and any other type of human powered aquatic craft are welcome.

Date: Saturday, July 27
Location: Neponset Reservoir, Foxboro http://www.mafishfinder.com/neponset-reservoir-25186-location.html
Map: http://goo.gl/6AmW1
Arrival: 6:15 AM
Launch: 6:45 AM
Weigh-in: 12 noon
Entry fee: $20
Payout: $120 first place, $60 second place, $40 third place, $20 lunker bass (assumes 12 participants)

You can find the complete kayak tournament schedule and rules here: http://www.mafishfinder.com/phpBB2/2013-kayak-canoe-tournament-schedule-t8804.html

There are only 12 spots to start so get 'em while they're hot!

2. timmo
3. knpc

Last edited by bloomagoo on Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:33 am; edited 4 times in total

Posted Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:46 am

I'm in, sign me up please

Posted Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:12 am

Ive always wanted to fish this pond but i have a charter that day Sad

Posted Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:28 am

I have an out of town wedding that day. Apparently it's more important than fishing, but good luck everyone!

Posted Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:42 pm

Sorry can't make this one.

Posted Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:56 am

Sign me up, I'm in
I hope this fills up, but if it's just the three of us then at least I'm guaranteed a spot on the podium Smile

Posted Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:59 pm

Can't make this one, unfortunately. I'll be vacationing in Maine.

Posted Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:01 pm

Sorry to hear that so many of our regulars have conflicts. Perhaps we will get a few new faces in this tournament.

Posted Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:09 am

Out in NY this weekend.

My summer has filled up very quickly. I'm bummed I haven't been around for any of the recent ones.

Posted Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:36 am

Working that day, so I'm out. Good luck to all!

Posted Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:56 am

I hope we can get a couple more people signed up for this tournament. But even if its only a few of us, I'm still up for fishing that day.

Posted Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:57 pm

I agree Kevin. I am planning to fish there regardless of whether we are able to hold an "official" tournament. We can make plans to meet up and Timmo is welcome to join us. It seems that July is a really tough month for the kayak crew...lots of competing events and activities.

Posted Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:03 pm

Me and my brother and law are debating on entering ill let you guys know

Posted Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:32 pm

bloomagoo

I agree Kevin. I am planning to fish there regardless of whether we are able to hold an "official" tournament. We can make plans to meet up and Timmo is welcome to join us. It seems that July is a really tough month for the kayak crew...lots of competing events and activities.

Smile Thanks John, I also agree with You and Kevin, I'm game for whatever you all decide, just keep me updated please.

Posted Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:58 pm

Irony of ironies, I'm now out too. Wife informs me that we have a relative's 50th anniversary bash Saturday morning. Kevin and Timmo, I fished Neponset Res last summer and found fish under the pads and holding next to downed trees and under docks. I spoke with another fisherman who was a regular and he was killing them on crankbaits, so bring an assortment.

Posted Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:46 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links