CANCELLED DUE TO POOR PARTICIPATION

Last tournament at Farm Pond buffalo78 became our first repeat winner of the season, but prior victor juggernoob served notice that he's in it to win it with a solid second place. Putnamville Reservoir changes things up from the shallow water we are used to fishing. With steep drop-offs and deeper water this place is made for the dropshot. So rig your spinning rods, pack your deep divers and bring your fish finder if you got one. If not, buy the Navionics app for your phone, it's only $10.

No kayak? No problem. Canoes, row boats, inflatables and any other type of human powered aquatic craft are welcome.

Date: Saturday, July 13
Location: Putnamville Reservoir, Danvers http://www.mafishfinder.com/putnamville-reservoir-25300-location.html
Map: http://goo.gl/Tvb1G
Arrival: 6:15 AM
Launch: 6:45 AM
Weigh-in: 12 noon
Entry fee: $20
Payout: $120 first place, $60 second place, $40 third place, $20 lunker bass (assumes 12 participants)

You can find the complete kayak tournament schedule and rules here: http://www.mafishfinder.com/phpBB2/2013-kayak-canoe-tournament-schedule-t8804.html

There are only 12 spots to start so get 'em while they're hot!

1. bloomagoo
2. rivethead
3. pirougejoe

Last edited by bloomagoo on Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:15 am; edited 3 times in total

Posted Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:09 am

In.

Posted Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:12 am

Here here...I'm in as well.
Since the doughnuts were a flop at Farm Pond..there will be NO DoughNuts...boooohahahahaha!!!

Rick

Posted Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:19 pm

Yes, I brought donuts to the first tournament and they went over like a lead balloon. I guess kayakers are just a bunch of health nuts, either that or we need to offer free beer. Very Happy

Posted Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:14 am

Look out guy's just added a nice fish finder to the ole Pirouge..lol

I think I am going to trail my baits with left over doughnuts..lol

Last edited by pirougejoe on Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:23 pm

Well Putnamville is the perfect place to give it a run, good depth there. Now we just need to get a few more to sign up. C'mon guys, let's fill in some of those blanks on the signup sheet.

Posted Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:29 pm

Juggernoob..

we can go together if you want. I have a trailer that we can put both boats on and secure them... let me know.. we can split expenses and it will be easier on us when we split the winnings$$$..

First, Second and Lunker... lol

I'm due!!

Posted Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:21 pm

I'm committed to fishing Putnamville Saturday, regardless of turnout. If we get <5 people, how about going winner-take-all minus normal lunker? Let me know what you guys think.
I'll also be doing my best to recruit people I normally fish with.

Posted Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:49 am

Yeah, for smaller turnouts that's what we usually do. I am hopeful that we can get a few more to sign up. Not sure if it's the timing or the location that is keeping folks away.

Posted Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:58 am

Thanks for the offer Rick. I was going to message you about commuting together, I can fit 2 kayaks on my roof rack as well. I'm on the fence for Sat, I have to work Friday night and it could be late. I'll let you guys know.

Posted Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:28 am

juggernoob

Thanks for the offer Rick. I was going to message you about commuting together, I can fit 2 kayaks on my roof rack as well. I'm on the fence for Sat, I have to work Friday night and it could be late. I'll let you guys know.

No problem...just let me know.
I will send you my cell # in a PM

Rick

Posted Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:11 pm

Sorry, gents. Just went 0-for on any of my fishing buddies joining us. Wedding season is in full swing, btw. Hope I fish better Saturday than I did recruiting this week!

Posted Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:24 pm

Since we have little interest in this tournament so far I suggest that we all just get together at some place that is more convenient. I believe you are both in MetroWest area. Why don't we change location to somewhere closer like the Sudbury River since we had to cancel that earlier due to high water?

Posted Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:11 pm

I'd like to stick to Putnamville Reservoir, as I made plans in the area after we fish. I'm waaaaaaay out west, so either way, I'll be doing a bit of driving. Thoughts?

Posted Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:32 pm

I agree with you John...
No sense driving way out to Danvers if it is only a few of us.

I am open for a closer place ..what say you?

PJ

bloomagoo

Since we have little interest in this tournament so far I suggest that we all just get together at some place that is more convenient. I believe you are both in MetroWest area. Why don't we change location to somewhere closer like the Sudbury River since we had to cancel that earlier due to high water?

Last edited by pirougejoe on Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:02 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links