Swan's. We call them Albino Turkeys hahahaha

Posted Mon May 20, 2013 6:16 pm

muskiebigfish

Swan's. We call them Albino Turkeys hahahaha

haha awesome!

Posted Mon May 20, 2013 6:45 pm

those swans can be intimidating, especially when protecting their young. Sudbury or Whitehall are good choices if A-1 proves to be a problem.

Posted Mon May 20, 2013 7:20 pm

lol rowboats are legit? put me in as alternate

Posted Mon May 20, 2013 10:12 pm

a few years back I was fishing some slop in the Upper Mystic lake up by the river. I got to close to a huge Swan and it was letting me know it. I had no weedless prop at the time. I got stuck and could not get out. It was closing in on me and the whole situation just flat out sucked. lol I took the motor out of water to clean of the weeds, by doing so I pissed it off even more. I finally started making progress away from it and it backed off last second. This thing was coming to do battle had i not backed off.

Last week I was checking out some action at the same spot. There is a crazy herring run going on at the Mystics right now. I look across the way at this shallow point . I see 7 great blue herons standing in a straight line from the edge of shore outwards. I assume they were waiting for the herrings. Why they were in the formation they were in I dont know but it was cool to see.

Ok, now I see a swan swimming toward the great herons. What happened next blew me away. It attacked every one of them and chased off all 7 of them. I was like, check out this f'n swan attacking these pterodactyls. Crazy Birds.

Posted Mon May 20, 2013 11:03 pm

Those swans can be nasty buggers! They are HUGE and when they take off and land, the sound alone is intimidating!

Posted Tue May 21, 2013 12:52 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cV4FCwtTEo

Beware! They will attack....

Posted Tue May 21, 2013 3:47 pm

Just a quick update have not heard anything from the basseekers as of yet. Hopefully will hear something today. Will update again when I hear something!!!

Posted Thu May 23, 2013 5:47 am

Well what is the decision? Are we gonna change bodies of wTer? I know im only an alternate but im out if we stay at A1 sorry guys

Posted Thu May 23, 2013 6:40 am

As of right now we're still fishing A1/Stump next Saturday. If we need to change the location we will make that decision by next Wednesday. I am thinking Whitehall Reservoir as the alternate location since it's just down the road from A1.

Posted Thu May 23, 2013 8:29 am

bloomagoo

I am thinking Whitehall Reservoir as the alternate location since it's just down the road from A1.

I like the idea of Whitehall too and there doesn't appear to be anything scheduled for next Sat.

Posted Thu May 23, 2013 8:47 am

I like the move idea. I "cast" my vote for Whitehall (if it comes to that).
Horrible fishing pun intended.

Posted Thu May 23, 2013 11:45 am

im so in cant wait

Posted Thu May 23, 2013 11:56 am

heroine Very Happy

Posted Thu May 23, 2013 1:19 pm

Bloo, what's the verdict? Where we headed Saturday?

Posted Tue May 28, 2013 4:45 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links