I have fished with many of you in the man power only (kayaks/canoes) tournaments and had a blast. Wanted to know if there was any interest in possibly starting a tournament tour out on my side of the state. There have got ot be some fisherman out here on the west side who have the competitive fire. Send me some feed back.

I still plan on fishing the other tournaments as well. So if there is enough interest I will schedule opposite weeks. That way if the interest is there both sides can fish together. Let's start talking!!!

Posted Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:29 am

I would be willing to go out to Worcester / Auburn area.

Posted Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:03 pm

I think we met at one or more of this year's Kayak Tourneys. I'll be picking up the ball from BlooMagoo with Scheduling next year's Kayak Tourney Trail. I was going to start soliciting location ideas/requests as the year winds down and was thinking we should try to get at least one tourney further west as I know some came from there driving long distances. Either way, yes, let's talk.

Posted Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:17 pm

tomp

I'll be picking up the ball from BlooMagoo with Scheduling next year's Kayak Tourney Trail..

Very cool Tom.

I'm definitely up for heading west for a tourney or two.

Posted Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:47 pm

Anyone else interested/able to fish out west this year? Dr. Shake N Bake and I would like to host at least one yak tourney this year out our way if there is any interest.

Alongside that, who is planning on being the MAFF Yak Tourney point of contact this year for coordination?

Posted Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:29 am

I have a buddy out in Agawam who I can probably get to fish one with us.

Tom P. is putting together this years trail.

Posted Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:01 am

I'd be willing to travel west for a tourney - whether it was part of the "trail" or just an addition. Keep us posted!

Posted Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:21 am

I know you guys want a few more tournaments out west for less travel and I think that it's a good idea for everybody. I know I only fished one of the events last season but I plan on making a lot more this year ! I was just wondering if any of you guys wanted to get one on a small mouth pond this season in the cape somewhere ?

Posted Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:02 pm

I'm open to fishing anywhere and everywhere as my schedule allows. The couple tourneys I made it to last year were a blast! Just thinking that its getting close to open water (optimism) and want to offer to host if needed.

Posted Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:28 pm

I love the idea of a cape tourney but couldn't guarantee that I'd make it. My weekends seems to disappear without me knowing Smile

I was also thinking about hosting an afternoon/evening tourney somewhere if there was interest.

I think it would be fun to do like 4-8pm or something like that.

Posted Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:49 am

I'm putting together this year's Kayak Tourney Schedule and hope to have it finalized by month end. With some suggestions from drshakenbake, I plan to get at least one tourney further west than last year and one on or toward the Cape.

Posted Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:52 pm

Glad to see that things are taking shape Wink

Posted Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:04 pm

tomp

I'm putting together this year's Kayak Tourney Schedule and hope to have it finalized by month end. With some suggestions from drshakenbake, I plan to get at least one tourney further west than last year and one on or toward the Cape.

what if we started a thread where people listed suggestions of different ponds to fish ? sort of like the other trails did ?

Posted Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:29 pm

tomp

I'm looking forward to this!

Posted Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:04 pm

I'm hoping to make a couple this year. Wasn't able to make any last year. Looks like a good group of anglers.

Posted Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:01 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links