Im in!

Posted Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:08 am

Im in!

Posted Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:09 am

don51

I yak fished there a few times last year and found it to be way off from previous years. Has anyone done well there this year? The place would seem ripe for having had a major fish kill from this past winter.

I haven't seen or heard of any fish kill there. I've only fished there once this year and it wasn't a good day, but it was tough everywhere at the time.

The only change I've noticed in recent years is the lack of duck weed, which has affected the frog fishing. Where you could basically fan cast and catch bass anywhere before (or in the back stump field area), you now have to specifically target structure and stuff. You can still catch bass on the frog in open water because of all the weeds under the surface, but without the duck weed it's tougher.

Posted Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:04 pm

I went there for a couple hours yesterday(1st time in 2 years) only had 2 keeper bass ,I was hoping for a better day especially because I was the only 1 on the water( couple guys shore fishing) . That place has always been a Hit or Miss pond for me,1 day you slay em and next day your skunked, hopefully be a good day on Saturday. Road in is in OK shape just a bit bumpy but the majority of puddles were dry.

Posted Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:38 am

Yeah, the lack of rain has helped for sure. What's the water level like? None of the stumps in that first cove closest to the bog were visible when I went. Usually there are a dozen or so visible.

Anyway, whether we all slay 'em on Saturday or not, we should catch fish. Keepers, at least, unlike the last tournament where none of us caught a keeper, just all dinks. Haha.

Posted Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:32 am

Water levels still high, could only see couple stumps in the bay nearest bog. I know its early still but weathers looking good for Saturday,hopefully a bit of wind n some cloud cover will help with the bite.

Posted Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:26 am

My brother and I are in. We will be taking one vehicle.

Posted Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:34 pm

Sweet. Good turnout for this one. Very Happy

Posted Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:09 pm

10 guys,EXCELLENT!!!

Posted Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:02 am

I'm in and my Friend is to

Posted Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:00 pm

Sweet. I hope some folks fish Robbins. Haha.

Posted Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:51 pm

Are we all gonna meet up befor the tourney to see how many of us there are and to pay the entry fee and if so We're on the pond ??

Posted Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:48 pm

basshunter36

Are we all gonna meet up befor the tourney to see how many of us there are and to pay the entry fee and if so We're on the pond ??

Yes, everyone should park in the same spot ( see my first post on page one) and I'll collect money, sign everyone in and such there. We'll launch at the same time, at 6:30 AM (or earlier if everyone is there and ready before then), so try to be there no later than 6 AM. =)

Posted Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:51 pm

Thanks kenwood and Are canoes allowed in this tournament like the rules say

Posted Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:52 am

basshunter36

Thanks kenwood and Are canoes allowed in this tournament like the rules say

Yup. Canoes, rafts, whatever, as long as there is no motor or anything it's all good.

Posted Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:22 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links