I'm sorry I came across hostile I felt like you were stepping on my toes and I have trouble not saying whats on my mind. I see though that you were not and i'm sorry again. To kizel this was not your problem and he did not seem to need you help telling me what happened. Like most people you must find it easy to express your opinions over the internet when they are not necessary. To the gentleman who responded I'm interested irregardless if it has dsi, kind of thought it didn't for the price.

Posted Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:21 pm

Go out and find the lowrance elite5 with dsi or elite mark 5 there not cheap but since i put both of them on my boat it has been a dream. Used the 4x for 2 years had good luck with it but i never knew a lot of the time what was under me fishing differnt places all the time so i as well wanted to upgrade after getting a new bass boat last year best move i made getting that dsi.

Posted Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:08 pm

thecontender

Go out and find the lowrance elite5 with dsi or elite mark 5 there not cheap but since i put both of them on my boat it has been a dream. Used the 4x for 2 years had good luck with it but i never knew a lot of the time what was under me fishing differnt places all the time so i as well wanted to upgrade after getting a new bass boat last year best move i made getting that dsi.

Yea I am either gonna get a humminbird w/ down imagining and switchfire or a elite 4 with DSI. I dont want the elite with DSI because I like having the traditional fishfinder capabilities because its easier for me to mark fish. I already have an elite 5 with gps and I love it.

Posted Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:24 pm

I feel like I should get something with down imaging to help me better understand regular sonar. Did you find this helpful?

Posted Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:40 pm

yea kinda one of the mistakes i made and jumped the gun getting the elite dsi with no real fish finder that y i had to go out and get the other elite but after fishing with both of them im glad i do have them.

Posted Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:41 pm

thecontender

yea kinda one of the mistakes i made and jumped the gun getting the elite dsi with no real fish finder that y i had to go out and get the other elite but after fishing with both of them im glad i do have them.

Doesn't the elite 4 have the capability to split screen dsi and regular 2d imaging?

Posted Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:48 pm

willluvstafish

I feel like I should get something with down imaging to help me better understand regular sonar. Did you find this helpful?

Yea is do I will use the fishfinder to mark the fish and the dsi to determine what kind of structure is on the bottom. I had the humminbird with di si and switchfire and completey regret getting rid if it. Also i think humminbird is the best way to go because u can get dsi and regular all in the same unit for a good price.

Posted Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:04 pm

prov1

willluvstafish

Yea is do I will use the fishfinder to mark the fish and the dsi to determine what kind of structure is on the bottom. I had the humminbird with di si and switchfire and completey regret getting rid if it. Also i think humminbird is the best way to go because u can get dsi and regular all in the same unit for a good price.

I'm almost positive that you can switch between standard 2d sonar and dsi and even run a split screen with one on each side

I am wrong. The elite 4 dsi does not have 2d capabilities. DSI ONLY.

Posted Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:20 pm

shawneramone

prov1

willluvstafish

I'm almost positive that you can switch between standard 2d sonar and dsi and even run a split screen with one on each

Interesting..... i was under the impression with the elite series its either dsi or 2d. U probably can do it with the hds series but those are out of my price range

I am wrong. The elite 4 dsi does not have 2d capabilities. DSI ONLY.

Posted Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:43 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links