Jerrys pit is in North Cambridge on Rindge Ave my old stomping grounds. It was an old clay pit that when they hit a spring got flooded. Later it aws a beach, now it's a polluted urban dump. How the fish even survived is a wonder. Thanks Grace, Agway, and Deweys for the toxic waste. It's no wonder why a lot of my friend that grew up and hung out in the area have kids on the spectrum including myself.

Sorry about the rant, it hits home.

Posted Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:22 pm

I know what you mean guys. We've seen some legit "Missile Sized" carp swimming in our local waters (Mystics, Alewife, Spy, Charles River, etc.). Blackstone, I knew you'd chime in. You didn't disappoint brother Laughing

Posted Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:02 pm

pocketfisherman

I know what you mean guys. We've seen some legit "Missile Sized" carp swimming in our local waters (Mystics, Alewife, Spy, Charles River, etc.). Blackstone, I knew you'd chime in. You didn't disappoint brother Laughing

Yep, the general consensus is that I like to talk. I'm alright with that Wink

Posted Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:24 pm

Erik you fly fish for carp??? I didnt know you could fly fish for carp?! Maybe i will have to come see your world someday haha i love to fly fish.

Posted Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:18 pm

kizel13

Erik you fly fish for carp??? I didnt know you could fly fish for carp?! Maybe i will have to come see your world someday haha i love to fly fish.

Yeah bud and anytime. In fact in the next month or so one of my favorite places to do some easier and fun fly fishing for them will be kicking like mad. Not a huge swim, fish from 4-12 pounds mostly, but a fun day with plenty of action. Hit me up via PM if you are interested and i'll get you my contact info.

I fish for them more traditional as well on the fly stalking them out on big rivers etc and have bagged em up to about 22 pounds now out of the Merrimack for instance on wooley buggers and an 8 weight rod. The one below is prolly about 6 or so pounds..great fight on the fly though.

I also fly fish for bass and such as well..in fact my best bass was on the fly rod.

Posted Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:28 pm

Way back when (maybe 10+ years ago), we used to fish for carp in Billerica, right below the falls on the Concord river. I don't remember exactly how we got down there, I think there's a canal museum parking lot on Faulkner st that we walk in from. We would just go down there with our oatmeal, toss it out and land big big carp all day. They just sit there at the falls, waiting for food that gets churned up by the water.

Posted Wed May 01, 2013 11:04 am

That's a good way to look at it.

Posted Sun May 19, 2013 9:22 am

The canals in downtown Lowell are right in your backyard. That a good place to start.

Posted Sun May 19, 2013 2:11 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links