jjbagoose

Looks like the launch is a good distance from the parking area, huh?

Sounds like I need to get that Kayak Cart project started ASAP.

I Have no problem in helping you carry your rig down, by yourself as John sAid is tough but not bad at all with a buddy

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:46 am

kizel13

jjbagoose

I Have no problem in helping you carry your rig down, by yourself as John sAid is tough but not bad at all with a buddy

Awesome, thanks!

I have plans to build one using PVC but with my son's bday party this weekend and various other obligations I'm not sure I'll have it done by the tourney.

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:57 am

jjbagoose

kizel13

jjbagoose

Awesome, thanks!

I have plans to build one using PVC but with my son's bday party this weekend and various other obligations I'm not sure I'll have it done by the tourney.

Ya dont worry about always happy to help out fellow maffer im sure there will be other willing to help as well.

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:47 am

I'm in.

Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:28 am

rivethead added, only two spots left for this coming Saturday.

Posted Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:24 am

I'm in

Posted Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:15 am

I'm in

Posted Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:15 am

That's nine, only one spot left

Posted Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:33 am

Though I have been fishing for a long time, this weekend will be my first fishing tournament. It seems fairly low key from what I have read and a good group of guys. Just wondering what to expect? Anything I should have with me aside from what's normally in my kayak for fishing (plus a cameraphone and digital scale)?
Thanks, I'm looking foward to this saturday at Ponkapoag.

Posted Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:13 pm

Expect to catch a lot of pickerel, so lip grippers and pliers are recommended. We don't want to be trying to pull a treble hook out of someone's finger when we could be fishing.

In all seriousness, this is a low key event. We will check everyone in, collect entry fees, calibrate scales against a standard weight, everyone will take a photo of the signup sheet to establish a starting point for their tournament photos and off we'll go.

I would also recommend that if the weather report looks "iffy" come prepared. Last year we had a 45 minute downpour about 2 hours into the tournament. Dirty Hooker took home the trophy but he froze his ass off in the process since he was wearing only a T shirt. I can still see him shivering on the shore as we tallied the winners.

Posted Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:41 pm

Hey guys, we're still looking for our 10th member to fill out the roster. So I'm going to (literally) sweeten the pot by offering to supply free coffee and donuts to the group seeing that this is our season kickoff.[/b]

Posted Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:55 pm

I'm in! Only thing if you tell me how to get there. Because I am surely not know where I can enter this pond. Also, I was concern with camera. Can cell phone do? If tell me both of this question, I'll be 10th person to go.

Posted Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:05 pm

I'm in

Posted Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:05 pm

And we're almost full. I knew the coffee and donuts would seal the deal. Smile

Deafisherman, there is a link to Google map in the original post. And cellphone camera is fine so long as we can read your scale in the photos.

Posted Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:28 pm

A note to all kayak tourney participants - don't forget your PFD. Mass law requires that you have one and that you are wearing it up until May 15. If anybody can bring an extra just in case that would be great.

Posted Wed May 01, 2013 7:02 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links