I was wondering if anyone would like to travel to the belgrade lakes in Maine. I know of a motel in lewiston,maine that has decent rates.
The web site is for Cobbossee Motel if you want to check it out.I have
been fishing the area for years.The fishing is great!!!!!.I went this past weekend and i caught smallies and largies.The first day i caught about 50 of them.All the lakes are within at the most one hour away.Right across the road is cobbossee lake.Unfortunately my camera malfuctioned so i couldn't get pics Crying or Very sad .If there is enough
interest we can set up a trip.

Posted Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:38 pm

I have fished this area for years. The bass fishing is awesome. My avitar pic is from Cobbosseecontee, a 7lb 8 ounce pig. There are literally 100 places packed with LM and SM all within a 30 minute ride of one another.

Posted Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:09 pm

Been fishing there for the past 5 yrs. We stay at Andy and Sheri's Motel also. My avatar pic is from cobbsee too. While i haven't landed that 7lber + it is an awesome area like mentioned.

Posted Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:46 am

I have been staying at Andy's and Sheere's place for 15 years. 2 of the best people you could even know.

Posted Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:28 am

Yip, great people. That place books fast.The guy next to us every year has been booking the same month for 20+ yrs. We have our time booked for the next year before we leave.
We used to travel farther north for 3-4 years before that but i like lakeside better. My son and I made their wall of pics and he thought that was the best.
Do you go up for their annual tournament?

Posted Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:07 am

Yeah I am up on his wall as well holding the fish in my avitar. I don't fish the Special Olympics event in the spring. I have fished a bunch opens in the summer. In recient years I have branched out and fish other places besides Cobbossee. I will dump in after supper and fish for a few hours before dark before pulling and plugging in to get ready for the next day.
I like the summer ( July and Aug) better up there. The fish all move off shore and into weeds and structure and I like fishing for them deep. I hardly ever, ok never target smallies up there. The LM fishing is so amazing I can't not fish for them. I sometimes catch smallies by accident while fishing deep for LM.

Posted Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:15 pm

That's really cool. I would like to learn how to fish deeper for L.M someday. I have been bringing my son for the last couple years and we go a 2 weeks after the tourney. I plan on continuing to go and try more areas. Good luck next trip.

Posted Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:07 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links