looking for some places around Middleboro to fish. Sort of a beginner and still learning. I'm ready to start catching some
I bigger fish. Caught this eel today.....

Posted Thu May 14, 2015 10:26 pm

I have been fishing in and around Middleboro for many years. I would start with Tispaquin- Many nice Bass 2-4 lbs. (my biggest is 7lbs 1oz)
Lake Rico - lots of pressure, but loaded with 10-15" bass and some bigger once you learn the pond!! ( my biggest is 7 lbs even from here)
Nip - tough pond to learn but once you do.. A lot of nice Bass in there, 5-7 lb's are not common but pretty available!! (My biggest from here is 6 lbs 15 oz lost many bigger than that)
This is where I would start, good luck!

Posted Fri May 15, 2015 4:04 am

Thanks I'll check out those spots.

I posted a picture along with my post. Can you see it on my post or is it somewhere else? I don't see it so was just curious if I was doing it wrong or maybe it's just my phone.

Posted Fri May 15, 2015 2:20 pm

Lake Rico , My first time fishing years back caught a 5lb bass with a brown worm off the boat ram in spring , last month I saw 2 cat fish 3lb an 2lb on a spawning bed {or cave} on my kayak. It is heavily fish on the shore line it's better to use a kayak and hit the back areas of the lake. Was told that Bear's Pond might be open at the park also. View the map view here an see where people has posted there day catch.

Posted Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:31 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links