I’ve been fishing for bass but I’ve seen massive amounts of carp in the upper and lower lake

Posted Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:09 pm

Thanks for the info! This looks like a fun new water to tackle!

I'm heading up there for a couple of sessions this week! I'll let you know how I get on!!

Tight lines!!

Posted Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:18 am

Upper Lakes went through some sort of environmental catastrophe a few years ago after the Aberjona River was dredged out. Many, many years of toxins from the tanneries up river in Woburn were disturbed and killed many fish. I dont care what they say that it had no affect, it did and the fishing was greatly affected. Used to be a nice place to go out and always have a good shot at catching a beast, but not anymore. When handfuls of tournaments with some very good fishermen are held and pitiful bag weight of less than 9 lbs is all that can be mustered up, that should tell you something. Good luck though. Lower was affected too to a degree. Even the carpet were dieing off. I drive by that area every day and have seen them blocking off areas of the river just before the lower lakes with those floating barriers they use for oil spills. Something is up again and it's really too bad!

Posted Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:00 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links