Hi guys
Anyone tried to fish the mystic river around mystic river reservation close to medford?
It looks like there are a lot of aquatic plants and lay be nice from kayak/canoe

Posted Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:40 pm

mikem and i went there last week and they had just done a lot of dredging to remove water chestnuts, we didn't even get a sniff on frogs, senkos or flipping under the docks. it was my first time there and honestly might have been the last. we launched off hormel stadium. maybe if you launch up stream, fishing may be better.

Posted Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:17 pm

Ah ok, that more or less where I was planning to go so I may not loose time to go there then. Thanls for letting me know.
Did you find the water quality was ok? I fished upstream from the shore 2 years ago and the water was not very tempting, i am not sure I would put my feet in there to launch the canoe.

Posted Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:29 pm

Rivers in Boston generally have dark water. Mystic river had a lot more trash than the Charles. Those are the only rivers I have tried this far. I'll be trying the sudbury and Neponset soon

Posted Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:06 pm

I would not bother with the Mystic river at all. Lower and Upper Mystic is the way to go.

Posted Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:59 pm

As far as puttin your feet in it, haha, I wouldn't. The Charles is open for swimming and I recently saw otter pups down there, a ton of herons and loons too. Granted I would never swim in there or eat anything I caught, but the point I'm trying to make is that it's far "cleaner" than Mystic. The company currently known as Monsanto dumped into Mystic for decades, there are still extreme DDT warnings.

Posted Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:01 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links