Hi,
I'm kinda new to the foxboro/walpole area and generally fish alone but am interested in joinging a club to meet some new folks to fish with. Most of my buddies don't fish and none are members of any clubs. Does anyone have any advice, input or suggestions for me in this area? I really don't hunt or shoot (in the military reserves though) so mainly looking at a fishing club.

thanks,
I appreciate any help,
Jay

Posted Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:15 pm

My advice is to try to check the club out first.Most towns have a rod and gun club,problem is the vast majority of them are nothing more than a cheap place to drink like a VFW with a small pond that sometimes get a few trout.There are some great ones though that have a lot of shooting matches,3D archery courses,gun ranges,lots of activities and nice ponds full of fish etc..The clubs activity levels are directly related to club participation and the amount of fund raising they do for example,derbies,meat raffles,archery leagues,poker night etc.Since you said you dont really hunt or shoot,I suggest finding a bass league to join because the only fishing most of the R&G clubs do is trout derbies wich are generally open to the public anyways.There are alot less bass clubs than R&G clubs but if fishing and fishing only is your interest it may be a better choice for you because most clubs I've been to or belong to for that matter are geared more towards the shooting sports.You should check out BPS..seems like a logical place to find info on fishing clubs.

Posted Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:01 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links