Hi Everyone, My name is Tom and i live just north of boston in the lynn/saugus area. I recently bought a 19.5' bow rider, not really a fishing boat, I know, but since i have a wife and two small children i needed something comfortable and fun for the family.
I've been launching the boat in lynn at the public dock and although I've tried to do a little fishing, it's tough with the kids and stuff. I also have very little knowledge of the waterways in the area and not much saltwater fishing experience. I am from Virginia originally and i used to be very active in freshwater fishing but haven't done much at all in the last 5 or 6 years. Being out in the boat really has the itch coming back and i'm looking to learn more about fishing the coast.
My wife and the kids are out of town for the next week so I'm really looking to make a run at some stripers this weekend and maybe after work a few times this coming week.
I know guys don't like to give up their hot spots but just some general knowledge on places to try in the north shore area, and the boat is easily trailered to other spots if they are worth the trip. I know nothing about trolling or even if my boat is capable, but info on jig setups, lures, chunk bait, live bait, etc.. would be awesome.

Also, I don't really have any fishing buddies, so there is room in the boat. If you have some knowledge to share and want to get off the beach for a while, or maybe your boat is down at the moment, let me know. I'm a pretty easy going guy, share some gas money and jump in.
I'm sure I'll learn a lot on the forum so thanks in advance for sharing..

Posted Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:10 am

Get bass assassin straight tail soft baits! They are by far the best softbait/lure i have ever used cor stripers when there breaking the water feeding u jerk them in the retreive make them look injured i got my biggest striper on one of those 48 inches. Trollingwise tube and worm setups red usually is the best color all around. If your near boston harbor during low tide go behind the airport but watch out there is some shallow spots but stripers sit in there cuz theres not much water so easier for them to get the baitfish. You go back there between the airport and winthrop. If there not biting anywhere they usually are back there.

Posted Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:23 am

kizel13

Get bass assassin straight tail soft baits! They are by far the best softbait/lure i have ever used cor stripers when there breaking the water feeding u jerk them in the retreive make them look injured i got my biggest striper on one of those 48 inches. Trollingwise tube and worm setups red usually is the best color all around. If your near boston harbor during low tide go behind the airport but watch out there is some shallow spots but stripers sit in there cuz theres not much water so easier for them to get the baitfish. You go back there between the airport and winthrop. If there not biting anywhere they usually are back there.

thanks for the tip.. thats a very easy trip for me. Maybe 10 or 15 minutes.

Posted Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:28 am

No problem check out www.mafishingreport.com as well they update everyfriday and its some great info.

Posted Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:12 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links