Hi All!

Just joined, and this is such a great website! I am trying to get serious about fishing this year and looking for a good spot. Been to Harold Parker last year but did not catch anything.

I just bought a Quantum Nitrous Baitcast. Probably not the best rod to for a beginner and already made a couple birds nests but I love it all the same. Always used a spincast before.

I'll be looking for any trips and advice!

Thanks and good luck all!

Posted Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:53 pm

Welcome to the greatest site ever !

As for tips i would say just ask a question or keep watching. Tips and suggestions fly every day here and get answered by a multitude of different people. So you can't go wrong and you will soon be catching your personal best!

Posted Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:30 am

Welcome to the greatest site ever !

As for tips i would say just ask a question or keep watching. Tips and suggestions fly every day here and get answered by a multitude of different people. So you can't go wrong and you will soon be catching your personal best!

Posted Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:30 am

Welcome to the site.

Posted Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:00 am

Harold Parker is way over fished, has been for well over a decade. There's a small pond there that has some fish in it if you hike the trail, but nothing big. They used to stock there, but not sure if they still do.

Most of the area ponds are starting to grow vegetation, so if you don't have a boat, you're going to be limited. You drove by one of my favorites, Fosters Pond on your left as you head to Harold Parker by way of Rt. 125, and Martins Pond on your right. Both places have some good size fish, again shore fishing is limited this time of year.

Posted Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:51 am

And thanks for the advice. Its a shame, haggets is such a nice spot. And I it seems that it's real limited as far as shore access goes for lake or pond fishing in the Lowell area. And I'm not a huge fan of fishing the Merrimack.

Posted Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:41 pm

Welcome to the site. As some have said, the shore fishing can be limited this time of the year, but not impossible by any means. There are sooooo many site members on here that are from all parts of the state and all have a plethora of information to offer an share! Good luck!

Posted Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:02 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links