Anybody ever gone out on the Quabbin?

I am a very inexperienced fisherman...looking for suggestions...

Posted Wed May 15, 2013 2:43 pm

andreapallen

Welcome to MAFF great place to get together for anglers in MA

I never personally went to the Quabbin, but let me tell you it's HUGE and for a inexperienced angler i wouldn't suggest going without help of some sort. I want to go... Heard it's got a beautiful scenery. Pictures don't do justice

Posted Wed May 15, 2013 3:09 pm

lunkerhunter2366

andreapallen

I never personally went to the Quabbin, but let me tell you it's HUGE and for a inexperienced angler i wouldn't suggest going without help of some sort. I want to go... Heard it's got a beautiful scenery. Pictures don't do justice

Thank you...maybe I'll stick to the shore for a while. I would hate to be on the evening news!

Posted Wed May 15, 2013 3:11 pm

Awesome place to fish. Last year hit smallies all day from the boat. I was trolling between spots with 8 lb test and a Rapala. I no longer have the Rapala. Last time I saw it a very large silver fish snapped it off like it wasn't attached. Smile Water was super clear and it was really easy to see structure. They have excellent maps available. Don't go south of the big red bouys and don't get out of the boat except at designated areas like the rental area or the port-a-potti areas. The rangers are great and will explain it all for you or you can go to the office at the very southern end of the res. and ask in there. Last time I rented it was $40+ for parking/boat/motor/gas. If you don't have a MA license they have a daily permit for $5. There are 3 places to rent boats and a lot of walk in/bike in shore fishing. I usually get a night time fishing license for pout fishing. Incredible scenery and wildlife. I'm not that experienced either but each time I go I learn a lot more.

Posted Wed May 15, 2013 3:51 pm

Thank you!

Posted Wed May 15, 2013 7:30 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links