My name's Justin and I'm just starting to get serious about fishing. On and off for quite a few years now, I've been goin with my buddy Jack and his dad to local spots who are both big into fishing. I'd dick around hoping to hook something but this year I've gotten more serious and have become obsessed with it. Trying a lot of spots I've never been to before and I'm having some decent luck. No monsters yet but hoping to land a 4+ lb-er before the end of summer. Catching a lot of decent 1 1/2-2 lb largemouth. Hoping to plan a few trips. Def gonna hit up Spy pond in Arlington (it's close to my work) if anyone has any advice. I fish a private pond I have access to through an inlaw in Pembroke so I want to check other spots around there as well. Any tips, advice, or conductive criticism is always welcome. Thanks and good luck fishing everyone!!

Posted Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:40 pm

adamsj80

Any tips, advice, or conductive criticism is always welcome.

I would use a graphite rod for best conductivity, fiberglas is an insulator. Wink

Posted Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:00 am

Welcome to MAFF. Private ponds are great, not much fishing pressure and the fish seem to be less wary...

Posted Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:08 am

whats up justin? welcome to ma ff! i am fairly new to the site myself but have already found a bunch of spots and guys who are willing to share thier knowledge. i am also from quincy i lived thier basically my whole life, except for a few years where i live ironically in pembroke, which is where i started fresh water fishing! not sure if i ever fished hobomock but i played hockey at the rink! lol! anyways i wanted to extend an invitation to call or text me anytime you need a partner, and maybe we can do a little fishing! take care and good luck!

Posted Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:42 am

If you have private pond access I would take full advantage of that. Private pond = BIG, DUMB fish.

Posted Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:43 am

Damn!! Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!! The sight is great. I'm glad I found. Hope to post a few pics soon, hopefully of a few monster bass I hope to catch. Will def look to meet up with ppl to learn, laugh and have a good time (and definitely hook some fish!)

Posted Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:53 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links