I am planning on getting 2 Ascend® FS10 Sit-In Angler Kayak - Camo for me and my son for our first time kayaks.
For the price and the size of the Large, open 37-3/4'' x 22'' cockpit for a '5-4 and 275lb I thought this would be great size to putt along some ponds and lakes around Taunton that I've fish many times off shores dreaming about getting out there to catch more fish.

Posted Wed May 29, 2013 10:05 pm

i just bought the ascend d10t which is a sit on top, went out for the first time this past tuesday and for the price tag it is worth the money. i chose the sit on top because you can literally stand up (its nice to have that option when you are kayaking for hours) the con is that you tend to get wetter than a sit in, but hey... its summer!!! hahah

d10 is only 10' long which is perfect for a car top rack

Posted Thu May 30, 2013 2:07 am

A Wavewalk W500 will accomodate you easily, keep you dry and at 59lbs is easy to car-top (without buying a rack). It is also the most stable kayak, allowing you to stand while fishing or paddling. Its different from sit-ons and sit-ins, but that's why it is better suited for fishing.

Posted Thu May 30, 2013 4:20 am

I like the 2 Ascend® FS10 Sit-In I have a bad foot so can't stand on it to long.
I also have a Big Horn Doge Ram Quad 1500 so just going to strap them down front and back in the bed, not sure yet how with tail gate up or down , witch ever is easier so they don't fly off .
Do I need to tie a red flag on it?

Posted Thu May 30, 2013 8:39 am

inkslinger

Do I need to tie a red flag on it?

If it hangs out I would, just to be nice even if it isn't required. Takes a few extra seconds and just shows you put in the effort for other drivers.

Posted Thu May 30, 2013 8:51 am

I'm of similar size and have a sit in, I haven't tried the ascend, but make sure you can exit easily, or consider a sit on top. You may not want to stand but it is easier to stretch every once in a while.

Posted Thu May 30, 2013 11:21 am

The FS10 is a decent boat, I own a D10 and liked the more open cockpit design and lower price point. I'm thinking the same thing as manny. As a larger person you are probably better off with an SOT, and I would add that you probably want to go for the 12 footer. For example, if you capsize you will never be able to get back into a SINK but you would have a good chance to climb back onto a SOT. The 12 footer will also track better and stay dryer due to it's higher weight capacity. Just food for thought.

Posted Thu May 30, 2013 4:14 pm

I have the Angler FS10 Sit In and I really love it. It's my first kayak so I guess I am biased but it tracks great, is light, has plenty of fishing-easy built ins, and great price point.

Posted Thu May 30, 2013 5:06 pm

[color=blue]Will I was doing great !! Had bought 2 paddles and life vest for me an my son , was just going to wait 3 weeks to pick up the boats and bam!! I step off my tail gate of my truck and landed wrong and broke my bones ,now I sit here in Rehab typing an still got next week for another op than rehab again. I can't wait for that first time to fish of my yaks!!

Posted Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:41 pm

Thats terrible! Hope the best for you, and that you get on that yak sooner than later!

Posted Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:11 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links