The other day as I was in shallow water I lifted the motor out of the water while it was idling and the water flow immediately stopped. Any ideas? Did I mess up the impeller or did I possibly clog the line? How can I check for clogs? Any ideas will be much appreciated. I'm going to take it to the pond tomorrow to test it out and bring it to a shop if I can't figure it out. Thanks guys

Posted Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:18 pm

"The other day as I was in shallow water I lifted the motor out of the water while it was idling and the water flow immediately stopped. "

Depending on the size of the motor it may have just ran out of water? Did you try it again after?

Make sure the inlet holes on prop shaft are not clogged..check pee hole/hose ..I use a dental pick or even length of bare hard wire to stick up into those areas, CAREFULLY..its very possible you just sucked up some debris

Although I had a buddy who had a bee's nest starting up in there..

How old is the impeller? might want to take it apart and replace if its never been changed to rule that out..best of luck

Posted Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:47 am

Thanks. I'm gonna check for clogs today. I've only had the motor for a year so I'm mnot sure how old the impeller is

Posted Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:54 am

If you bought the boat used it's probably a good idea to get a new impeller. Routine maintenance to replace every couple years.

Posted Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:05 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links