"Get Hooked on Massachusetts"

Free Member Sign Up!
Already a Member? Login Here.
Add to Favorites

MA Fish Finder Forum Index
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 

North Shore pond

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MA Fish Finder Forum Index -> Freshwater Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kayakinfool
Baitfish Rank

Total Points: 4

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:30 am    Post subject: North Shore pond Reply with quote

Went to one of my favorite ponds on the North Shore this weekend (Saturday) with my buddy.

Took the yaks out. Water level was high and it was overcast with little wind. About 12 hours before the storm.

Basically no bites on the main pond but a few hits in the cuts and back creeks. Nothing of size. Between my friend and I we got 6, nothing bigger than 2 lbs. He got a nice pickerel but it was a slow day.

Water temp was about 54 degrees and water clarity was limited. Not on beds (at least at this location). But they were eating craws. At least one was wearing lipstick all over their top lip and inside their mouth on the crush plate.

Hopefully this week is the warming we need to get things going around here. Been a very slow spring (outside of some decent pickerel, and the trout of course).

Tight lines all
stump
Largemouth Rank

Total Points: 582

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: North Shore pond Reply with quote

kayakinfool wrote:
Went to one of my favorite ponds on the North Shore this weekend (Saturday) with my buddy.

Took the yaks out. Water level was high and it was overcast with little wind. About 12 hours before the storm.

Basically no bites on the main pond but a few hits in the cuts and back creeks. Nothing of size. Between my friend and I we got 6, nothing bigger than 2 lbs. He got a nice pickerel but it was a slow day.

Water temp was about 54 degrees and water clarity was limited. Not on beds (at least at this location). But they were eating craws. At least one was wearing lipstick all over their top lip and inside their mouth on the crush plate.

Hopefully this week is the warming we need to get things going around here. Been a very slow spring (outside of some decent pickerel, and the trout of course).

Tight lines all

Thats been my last 4 fishing trips, Im hoping the warmer weather moves things along as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MA Fish Finder Forum Index -> Freshwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: