That is the sound of a pin dropping in this forum. Wow, not one post on over 3 months. Guess there aren't too many long rodders here. Shocked

Posted Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:39 pm

I fly fish, just haven't been out much this winter. I'm sure some have made it out, but just didn't report. I'll be doing some fishing in a few weeks and temps rise, bugs hatch, and rivers are stocked

You been doing any fly fishing lately?

Posted Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:45 pm

catfishkid

I fly fish, just haven't been out much this winter. I'm sure some have made it out, but just didn't report. I'll be doing some fishing in a few weeks and temps rise, bugs hatch, and rivers are stocked

You been doing any fly fishing lately?

I have not fly fished in months but have stayed active with it.

I have spent a bunch of time tying flies and fiddleing with gear. Even a bit of ( snow covered ) lawn casting with a new rod. Did both local shows too but that just serves as a tease for the season to come.

All that said, This is the first weekend I've seen any open water at all and that came with 35 MH winds.. I have a just thrown a 9' 5 wt in the truck for some impromptu roadside fishing this week if weather permits. Also, after the Grand Melee that RI calls opening day next week, I should be out more regularly . ( Much of my fly fishing actually happens in RI) FWIW, I usually start with trout then convert over to the salt by the end of the month.

p.s. Thanks for the response!

Posted Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:48 am

I will hopefully have my fly rod out this weekend. I'm new to the fly game, weehooker got me hooked last year at the end of the season.

Posted Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:45 pm

fatkid1980

I will hopefully have my fly rod out this weekend. I'm new to the fly game, weehooker got me hooked last year at the end of the season.

Glad you stuck with it. Should be a great season for you as I bet it really comes together once you get some additional time in on it. Let me know if you need help.
Dave

Posted Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:54 pm

Now's the time to get out there. At least for trout. Lots of good hatches going on and stocking is in full swing.

Posted Tue May 05, 2015 2:30 pm

Nice fish! Doesn't even have the stubby fins common to hatchery trout. Holdover maybe?
I regardless, I've noticed the stocked trout this year seem to be bigger than normal . Lots of 16-18" trout out there this spring. I suspect that it may be to the hatchery's keeping them fed the extra month while we waited for ice out.
Thanks for sharing.

Posted Tue May 05, 2015 4:08 pm

They did put big/fat fish in the ponds and rivers but they stocked some really small 5-8" brookies in the brooks in my area. If I didn't know any better I'd think they were natives but they're definitely hatchery fish.

Posted Tue May 05, 2015 5:30 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links