I will be in Plymouth working for a month or so starting early April. If anyone knows of some decent sport in the town, that would be awesome, and for days off, I don't mind traveling around the state. I know it will be colder than Texas, we had 94F yesterday! lol

Any advice/help/fish ins is greatly appreciated,

Duncan!

Posted Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:23 pm

Go on capt John boats. You'll get fish you will never see in Texas. It's 50-100 bucks depending on how long of a day!

100 bucks for the full day and you'll catch monsters. Cod haddock pollack an weird bottom fish.

Then check out some of the many trout ponds. I'd go to some smaller ponds for trout. They are less pressured.

Then you got many bass lakes and ponds. Google map it!!!!!

Posted Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:45 am

Thanks for that, however I have done plenty of that in England. Im only really after carp.

Posted Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:27 am

I haven't caught carp in Mass yet. But many people informed me that there is lot of carp in Charles, Merrimack, Connecticut rivers. You need to driving at those spots.

p.s. there is no carp around south shore and cape cod area.

Posted Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:27 am

There are lots of ponds in the area, so I hope there some about! How far of a drive is it to the rivers and or locations would be good.
Thanks again.

Posted Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:48 am

I've been told the Canton res. holds carp.

Posted Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:01 am

Doesn't every place hold carp? I mean, they can survive conditions that would kill everything else.

Posted Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:00 pm

bloomagoo - Yeah, but nobody ever stock them in south shore and cape cod area. orwise someone will chime in here to tell us differently. Also, you are right, they can survive in anything. But I wasn't sure why they are not around in south shore at all.

Posted Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:33 pm

Well then, come north and fish the Charles River or any of the local rivers for that matter.

Posted Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:52 pm

If anyone can give me a specific area to look at, or a gps location, that would be great!

Posted Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:01 pm

I,m not shure how active they would be in the cold waters .i fish mirror lake in norfork if im looking for big carp. but dont know if its iced out yet.. good luck...

Posted Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:56 pm

Sorry. mirrorlake rd. Norfolk

Posted Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:58 pm

Why would you ever wanna pass up bass fishing for carp? Idk maybe its just me ?

Posted Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:51 pm

Rob, the dude's from Texas. They have more bass than they know what to do with.

The lower part of the Charles from Needham/Dedham has been completely open for weeks now and the water is running quite high.

Posted Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:03 am

Getting a bass boat on a plane can be very difficult! We do have a lot of bass down here, one lake has an average over 5 lbs, fork has lots of 10 lb fish, however I prefer carp.

If anyone knows of a couple of reasonable spots I can try or even meet up, that would be great.

Posted Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:54 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links