So me and 2 buddy's took my canoe to a big bog pond near my house for a quick late afternoon trip. Started off good pulled 2 two and a half pound class fish out of some thick weeds. Then started working some open water around an island and we put 3 more nice fish all exactly the same size about 15 inch fish in the boat. Same thing around some pads another fish or 2 all clones. Then I casted under a tree sticking off the island and immediately hooked into something really nice after about 20 Seconds I thought I lost it and paddled over only to realize it had buried me in the thick weed mat down the bottom. It took more effort than I have ever had to put into a bass to get this thing to the edge of the canoe, I really thought it was gonna be a 10+ plus pounder but not quite. Finally boated and I am now flipping out that I left my scale on my bass boat. My biggest fish was 7.4 (which I guessed 9 before I weighed it) pounds and this fish felt heavier for sure. I'm not a great judge of weight I'm always off what do you guys think. I did get a measurement of 23 inches so Idk how that correlates to weight.

Posted Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:10 pm

Posted Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:34 pm

According to In-Fisherman, a 23 inch bass should weigh close to 7.6 pounds. Considering that fat mother has the girth to go with it, I'd say you can confidently estimate 7 and 1/2 at the least. Either way, it's one BEAST of a fish!

Nice work.

Posted Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:24 am

That is a beautiful fish man congrats!

Posted Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:27 am

Awesome catch congrats dude!

Posted Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:39 am

Nice one!!!!!!! Very Happy

Posted Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:42 pm

Big ole slob, nice!!

Posted Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:31 pm

Thanks guys even though I didn't get a weight it was by far the hardest fighting and toughest freshwater fish I have caught therefor it's number 1 for me. It was caught on a bubblegum trick worm with a half once shakey head. My top 3 fish have all been caught on a bubblegum trick worm btw!

Posted Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:23 pm

How did you fish a shakey head in a bog pond? Was there some hard bottom or did it sink in the muck/weeds?

(Not questioning the story, just genuinely interested in fishing a shakey head in a bog pond... not something I would try, with all the muck!)

Posted Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:09 pm

Good Job What pond is that?

Posted Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:14 pm

It's not your typical bog pond. 60 acres and deep with sand rocks as well as some heavy weed mats.

Posted Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:28 pm

How big is the one in your profile picture? They look similar in size. Actually your profile pic fish looks a bit bigger. Your hands are almost in the exact position in both pics and there is more distance between your hands in your profile pic

Posted Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:28 am

I agree with stratos one in profile looks bigger. Either way its still a hawg.

Posted Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:03 am

That fish was right around 7 pounds but I never got a length off of it. I do agree that fish looks a little longer but it was not as fat as the more recent fish. Who knows but I'm not fishing with out a scale anymore.

Posted Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:06 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links