Hey everyone, Im very excited for the up coming fishing season. Im very familar with Plum Island and various spots down The Cape, but now that I live in Winthrop I was wondering if anyone had any info about the area,Revere Beach, Cresent Beach, Winthrop Beach, Deer Island, Bell Isle Marsh, etc. Or Boston Harbor in general. I would mostly be fishing for Stripers, and Blues.

Thanks,
-John

Posted Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:53 pm

Hi ,John if you get around the castle island area the sugar bowl is a descent spot for blues, and once in a while a keeper linesider,in the back of the fort is a fishing peir that faces the entrance to the channel the tankers and cruise ships enter and exit from....deep water you know?heard a guy landed a tuna from there last season didnt see it though.There are under water cables that run through there too so if you get hung up chances arent good youll get your rig out in one piece ,and over by UMass there is some big blues alittle later in the season.if your lookin for something else try stopping by the Fore river bait shop or the sportsmans den in quincy , they usualy have info since they are official weight stations for thet mass derby and striper cup.hope this helps. Art.

Posted Fri May 16, 2008 8:18 pm

I went down the canal last Sunday. No more herring as you know. I used cut macerel on one pole and I was heaving a shad rap out there to keep busy.

No luck for me or anyone else from what I could see. The weather certainly hasn't been helpful.

But my next cast will bring in the big one. Hope springs eternal. Smile

Posted Sat May 17, 2008 3:51 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links