hey Guys i've just moved to Westborough MA, from Ireland i am looking for places in the area to fish i am looking to fish fresh water either spinning, baiting or fly, cane anyone tell me where would be good to fish?

Posted Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:07 am

Westborough has a lot of good spots close by...I've had good luck at A-1...check the Mass Fish and Wildlife website for Pond Maps...they give depths and a write up on various lakes throughout the lake.

http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dfw/habitat/maps/ponds/pond_maps.htm

Posted Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:25 pm

yesw that looks great but local knowedge is much better also i'm looking for injfo on rivers/stream but they don't have this info?

Posted Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:02 am

The pond maps have opened me up to a lot of spots, especially when I moved here about 3 years ago...not much on stream fishing on there, because there aren't many streams in eastern MA. I would look into the Swift River in western MA or going to up to NH or Maine to catch trout in streams.

Most people aren't going to give up their honey holes right off the bat, but there is definitely a lot of good fishing in your area. I've only fished A-1 and Eddy Pond, and done well at both places, bass and panfish mostly. Read around on trips on this site, and you should be able to find some spots, or at least some people that will lead you in the right direction.

Some of the best spots I've found have been by looking at google maps and searching for spots and just going there to see if I can fish from shore, put in a boat, etc. A good buy is DeLorme Atlas and Gazeteer for Mass. it lists fishing, boating, camping, hunting,etc. spots. A lot of them aren't listed on the mass wildlife site. Also lists most of the roads in the state, a good thing for a new guy!

Posted Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:05 pm

thanks for all the help and advice VOLUME unpacking my rods and gear right now while i have the chance (baby asleep)

Posted Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:14 pm

Welcome aboard, check out the Map features on this site, that my help you find some spot near you. A-1, and Lake Chauncy Ive only been to once each.

Posted Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:56 pm

cool i'll give it a go thanks

Posted Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:31 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links