so i am pretty new to this whole fishing thing, and im getting overwhelmed by all these different types of baits and lures and stuff. ve been fishing in abington only, and i pretty much just use a little crankbait and ive been catching alot of perch. do you guys know of any good resources so i can learn about different types of baits/lures/rigs/whatever. lol
thank you all so much, im really starting to enjoy fishing! also if you guys know of any good places in the abington area besides ames nowell and island grove please share! thank you!

Posted Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:11 pm

Welcome aboard. Ive used the internet as a big research to on the baits/lures. Bass Pro, Cabelas, or Tackle Warehouse, Etc have videos and written pieces on all kinds of stuff. Even YouTube has some good stuff, Good luck!
-Meat

Posted Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:48 am

Welcome. I second what meat said, almost everything I have learned has been through research on the internet, with the occasional gem passed on from the old man of course. Crankbaits are definitely a good start but if I were you I would start adding plastics into your arsenal. A plastic worm "Texas rigged" is something any avid fishermen should know and use. Also, spinnerbaits can be very productive depending on the conditions.

As for fishing localities, I live in Rockland so I'm right around your area. Maquan pond in Hanson is a favorite of mine, lots of pickeral, crappies and bass hanging around the docks they have in the water. I've heard of some big bass getting pulled out of Hobarts pond in Whitman but I've never put a lot of time into that pond myself to validate it. Plymouth has many ponds that provide very good and productive shore fishing as well.

Posted Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:23 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links