msm422

hey jason maybe we could fish the subary river sometime and u could give me some tips and show me somethings

Hey Marc, sure thing! i generally go on Saturday mornings to Sudbury river, its been hard getting to the 'sweet' spot since they released water 2 weeks ago to bring the level back up. when its really low and you can walk under the bridge to the other side of the road the carp seem to love it there. im pretty sure i will be there this Saturday but maybe later in the morning than usual, if not certainly next saturday! send me a message whenever you want to meet up.

Posted Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:17 pm

englishcarpman

msm422

hey jason maybe we could fish the subary river sometime and u could give me some tips and show me somethings

Hey Marc, sure thing! i generally go on Saturday mornings to Sudbury river, its been hard getting to the 'sweet' spot since they released water 2 weeks ago to bring the level back up. when its really low and you can walk under the bridge to the other side of the road the carp seem to love it there. im pretty sure i will be there this Saturday but maybe later in the morning than usual, if not certainly next saturday! send me a message whenever you want to meet up.

Thanks for the info, will have to check it out again. Have you fished the Sherman Bridge section of the Sudbury at all? in I think Wayland? It holds some nice fish though can be a bit trafficky. Would be willing to do a trip up that way someday if you get the time.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4u1dBWY7jQ[/youtube]

This is a colder session on that area..I want to get back on it before it is gets that cold again lol.

Posted Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:13 am

FISHING PROHIBITIONS
• Explosives

WOOT so i cant use my leftover m67's
was wondering why people look at me strange

Posted Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:33 am

Hey Eric, looks like it may be one and the same spot, BUT i believe the bridge was rebuilt last year and looks alot diffrent now, i fish where the boat launch is, its just inside Wayland Rte 20 next to Framingham.

Marc, sorry due to circumstances beyond my control, it seems i wont be able to go fishing at all tomorrow morning. i dont know if you were planning to meet up.
if you get this too late, sorry dude but next week i will be there for certain!
good luck guys! hope their biting for ya!

Posted Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:47 pm

blackstonecarp

Actually yes. However nowhere did I say resist and I would be going out with corn to fish, not start a problem. I said that it is legal and gave you the ways to double check for yourself. If you are ever fishing and an EP says you cannot use corn, tell him to hold, contact their office and have them check. IT IS LEGAL IN MASSACHUSETTS to use corn. I should not have to go through hoops to follow the rules in place that an officer is sadly ignorant of.

If they insist on pushing the fact then you get all relevant documentation. I want badge number, name, place my gear is being taken and stored, contacts etc..and straight away I'll contacting my representatives and so forth to sort the problem out. Personally I will capture it all on film as well to document what gear is being taken etc.

I firmly believe in our laws an that they should be followed...I do not however condone rumor mills and misunderstandings stopping my fishing or rights.

Hey Erik! We have talked before via YouTube messaging I believe. I also heard that corn was illegal to use for bait. The owner of River St Bait and Tackle in Haverhill said a Game Warden was going to arrest him for using corn! The guy from DiGloria's Bait Shop in Methuen also said that corn kills the carp. I truly believe that they are both wrong!

Posted Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:25 pm

Hey Nikko, they are both wrong. The rumors really start from one of the only real studies into the matter, where a biologist did a test on 2 groups of trout. 1 group was fed only trout pellets, while the other group was fed only sweet corn. The end results were that the trout that ate the pellets grew better and were more active etc...while the trout that ate only corn were not as big. Both groups were healthy and none died outside of normal conditions. No real surprises there though, corn isn't meant to be a diet lol...

In Massachusetts though, again just for record, it is not illegal to use corn. Call the Ep's and check the abstracts.

On a side note I just e-mailed you back the other day and it bounced back at me..on your aol one that you hit me up at from the site.

Posted Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:07 pm

How do eel get in there?

Posted Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:38 pm

Eels are very prevalent in any waterway that drains into the ocean. I caught a 3 footer last weekend on a hot dog while fishing for catfish.

Posted Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:57 pm

weldinghank

Eels are very prevalent in any waterway that drains into the ocean. I caught a 3 footer last weekend on a hot dog while fishing for catfish.

But does Dug Pond connect to the ocean?

Posted Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:00 pm

That's a very good question that I don't know the answer to. Eels only spawn in saltwater, as the males all stay out to saltwater.

Posted Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:05 pm

markb

weldinghank

But does Dug Pond connect to the ocean?

Dug pond is a tributary of the charles river, especially during floods, so yes, dug connects to the charles which has a huge eel population and the charles locks/fish ladder connects to boston harbor.

Also, eels can swim around dams on wet grass, morning dew and can find cracks to swim through where obstructions block their path.

Posted Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:06 pm

And thats exactly where I caught the 3 footer! (charles river)

Posted Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:14 pm

I just found this in Wikipedia:

All runoff to the north of Pond Street eventually runs (by way of Lake Cochituate) into the Sudbury River, which enters the Merrimack before reaching the Atlantic.

Posted Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:18 pm

Yes, and eels will travel hundreds upon hundreds of miles to spawn.

Posted Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:32 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links