DIY

bassstinger

What is the cost of making them compared to buying?.Where did you get the supplies to make them.

Try 40-up tackle for tip making supplies. Indian hill (wocester) makes some of the most bad ass tilts i ever seen, I have fished with the owner and he is a great guy. I have all black magic tilts (new Hampshire) myself, Just as badass! But i have 10 sets at 30.00 + each. It took awhile to get geared up. But if interested in making your own.40-up or google another tilt supplier and research the type of wood you would like to use. You can have your own personal one of a kind tilt.

Posted Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:28 pm

My friend and I made a bunch last year. He got the wood and shaped it for free at his work and I got the spool kits, dowels and triggers from 40UP. Used screen door springs cut down for springs. Made the trip wire ourselves and the tube from brake line. Bought florescent for flags from craft store. Got the line from R&W Rope in Fall River (Uncle Macs). All told the 5 tip-ups probably cost $15 a piece.
Also made the "coffin" to get the gear out there.

Posted Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:47 am

Those look solid! Did you get to use them last year, or were they ready for this season? They look like they will work fine.

So the flag is attached to the screen door spring? How did you attach it to the wood and, and how did you attach the flag to the spring? I like that set up, so maybe I'll try that out next time...

Posted Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:18 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links